• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

And the next fallen tribute...

... of the 2016 election cycle looks to be Rick Perry. 

I'll stand over here while everyone weeps.  Kind of like George Harrison's guitar, except without the cool Clapton solo.   

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/08/insiders-rick-perry-will-be-first-to-drop-out-121350.html?cmpid=sf

Edited by Geoff

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Second casualty of war is Scott Walker. To be honest I thought he was going to be one of the final two of the Republicans. I'm surprised he went down in a blaze of douchebag glory.

I'm shocked as well...I figured he had enough establishment cred, but also spoke enough tea party, that he would be there at the end. Lots of things that Republicans would look at and smile...took on unions, defunded planned parenthood, signed more restrictive abortion legislation, and passed on medicaid expansion. At a minimum I thought the Koch money would see him through the Summer of Trump. To see him flame out so quickly brings a smile to my face. I guess the national electorate is tougher than hiding from grandma's in Madison.

I thought he would have been more polished, but his inability to give a direct answer (4 different positions on birthright citizenship/immigration in a week) and just general douchebag appearance seemed to do him in.

i would like to have heard more from scott walker. i'm surprised he dropped this early.

PAC money cannot be spent on staff salaries and his fund raising on his own was not enough to pay the bills. This is where Carson has an advantage, he has raised lots of money in smaller quantities. As usual, staff will play a big part in this process and generally that favors the established candidates but you have to get to Iowa first.

Might as well start the Rand Paul death watch

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/rand-paul-purple-pac-stops-raising-money

In what can only be another harbinger of bad news for Sen. Rand Paul’s troubled presidential campaign, one of three pro-Paul super PACs has stopped raising money for the Kentucky Republican, with its leader calling it “a futile crusade.”