• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

University of Southern California Football Thread

That was an interesting thread on 247 about the rumor that the NCAA agreed to reinstate scholarships and then reneging.  I think the McNair lawsuit could be the straw that breaks the camel's back if it ever gets out of appeals court.  The NCAA, as currently constructed, is absolutely broken.  There is too much money being made for the lack of transparency.

Reggie was probably the most exciting player I've ever watched play college football.  That said, he could have avoided all of this had he just settled with Lloyd Lake for $150k instead of publicly maintaining his innocence...to which he settled after getting railroaded out of town.  For that, he is banished to the far corner

Some new offers went out today. Some say kiffin had final say on who got offered. Maybe these coaches are taking advantage on him being gone. Tee Martin will be at Saleisian HS today maybe more new offers going out today.

5 star juco WR D'haquille Williams announced he will visit USC

Why Haden allowed practices to be closed in the first place is beyond me.  Ditto for injury reports

Lots of teams do it, it was just the douchey way he went about doing it.  Which isn't any different than the way he did everything else.  UCLA did the same thing and other than the snarky LA Times beat reporter nobody complained or made a big deal about it.

Clashing with reporters is never good.

I shudder at the thought of Cal fans clamoring for more Ayoob.  Wasn't he there for eleven years?

He was there for one year. It just seemed like 11.

Damn it. That 2005 team. If Rodgers had stayed rather than go sit behind dbag McGee for years, 2005 would have been ridiculous.

Rodgers, Lynch, Forsett and Jackson would have been absurd.

That team was halfway decent with absolute dogcrap at QB. I seriously think we may have been BCS title worthy that year with Rodgers.

Was that the year Cal and SC went to 3 OTs before Cal pulled it out? Those were the golden years

Nah, that was 2003. In 2005, SC stomped all over Cal, but I believe everything would have been different with Rodgers. There's a stark contrast between one of the best QBs of all time and Joe Ayoob.

2004 is where it all could have gone really well for Cal. If Rodgers had completed a pass into the end zone (had three chances), they beat USC and probably go undefeated headed into bowl season. Instead, we get snubbed for the Rose Bowl because Mack Brown panders to the press.

Then we get waxed by TTech.

Nah, that was 2003. In 2005, SC stomped all over Cal, but I believe everything would have been different with Rodgers. There's a stark contrast between one of the best QBs of all time and Joe Ayoob.

2004 is where it all could have gone really well for Cal. If Rodgers had completed a pass into the end zone (had three chances), they beat USC and probably go undefeated headed into bowl season. Instead, we get snubbed for the Rose Bowl because Mack Brown panders to the press.

Then we get waxed by TTech.

I was that Michigan Texas rose bowl. Great game

Yesterday on P12 network they had Cal @ Oregon 2007 on. Great game. Cal in the middle of a good run and Oregon just a baby about to explode on the scene

Pat Forde has a funny set of fake text messages from Todd Graham to Pat Haden.  http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--forde-yard-dash--judging-lane-kiffin--paul-pasqualoni-and-other-awful-college-football-coaching-hires-053908094.html

It's been roughly 48 hours since Pat Haden whacked Lane Kiffin. That's plenty of time for the most enthusiastic of job applicants, Arizona State coach Todd Graham (32), to get busy. After a deeply committed 17 games at ASU, The Dash can only imagine his eagerness to upgrade to USC …

Email From: Todd Graham

To: Pat Haden
Date: 9/29/2013
Time: 1 a.m., PDT

Hey Pat,
Just wanted to say it was an honor to have a class program like USC and a class guy like yourself in our stadium – which is nowhere near as nice as your stadium, I must say. I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to catch up in person last night, but don't be a stranger, OK? Let's stay in touch. My cell number is below. Talk soon. I mean, real soon. Like, anytime. Call me, Pat.

Join the Todd Squad,
Todd Graham

Email From: Todd Graham
Time: 9:05 a.m., PDT

Hey Pat,

Wow, I feel silly. I just read that you fired Lane Kiffin. Sorry to see it come to that – but hey, you did what you had to do, right? I just want to reiterate what a CLASS guy you are and what a CLASS institution USC is, and to let you in on a little secret – my REAL dream job is USC!

I know I said Arizona State was my dream job last year after I came over from Pittsburgh, which was after I left Tulsa, which was after I left Rice. But that was taken out of context and blown out of proportion and misquoted, among other things. Really, I grew up in Mesquite, Texas, dreaming of Student Body Right, Student Body Left and Pat Haden touchdown passes. I even nicknamed our family horse Traveler. Honest!

Again, my cell number is below. Don't let it go to waste, haha. Call me, Pat.

Hotty Toddy,
Todd Graham

Text message from: Todd Graham

ASU coach Todd Graham. (Credit: USA Today)

Time: 3:15 p.m. PDT
Watched ur press conference online, amazing job. Ur a class guy, just the type of leader I would love to work for someday. Call me!

Voicemail from: Todd Graham
Time: 10 pm PDT

"Hey Pat, it's Todd. Realize it's been a long, difficult day for you, pardner, so you might not have been checking your emails. Or text messages. But hopefully you get this voicemail before going to bed, because I just wanted to reiterate that USC is the dream job for me! I'll be up for a while watching a rerun of that 1974 comeback against Notre Dame, so give me a call. Fight on!"

Email from: Todd Graham
Date: 9/30/2013
Time: 9 a.m. PDT

Hey Pat,

I hope you got the fruit basket the Graham family sent to your office this morning. If you look between the pear and the grapefruit, you will find a small laminated card with my career win-loss record, which is not too shabby. Just think what I could do with USC talent! Call me!

Good to Great with Graham,
Todd Graham

Text message from: Todd Graham
Time: 3 p.m. PDT

Please look out ur office window. I am told there is a plane circling the McKay Center with a banner that expresses the true wishes of the Trojan Family. In case u can't see it, it says "Todd Graham: The Best Man for the Job." I had nothing to do with this, just heard about it through the grapevine. Call me!

Voicemail from: Todd Graham
Time: 10 p.m. PDT

"Hey Pat, just wanted to let you know that I think your pass to Shelton Diggs to win the 1975 Rose Bowl was great. I know he had to dive to catch it and all, but you put it where only he could get it. Let's talk ball sometime soon. Gimme a holler!"

Email from: Todd Graham
Date: 10/1/2013
Time: 12:01 a.m. PDT

Hey Pat,

You've been busy, I've been busy – I understand why I haven't heard from you. No big deal at all. When you're ready. Which is hopefully soon, haha.

But listen: I know you have Arizona on Oct. 10, and I beat those Wildcats last year. I can be in L.A. by dawn Oct. 6, after we play Notre Dame, to give you my gameplan. And heck, if you want to just hire me on the spot, well, let's make it happen! I can get to know the players that day, do the introductory press conference that night and be on the practice field with the team Monday afternoon.

I know changing teams in mid-season might ruffle a few feathers, but I can handle it if you can. This is my dream job, really. I know all the words to "Conquest." Hire me, Pat. Now.

In Todd We Trust,
Todd Graham

Edited by nate

I was that Michigan Texas rose bowl. Great game

Yesterday on P12 network they had Cal @ Oregon 2007 on. Great game. Cal in the middle of a good run and Oregon just a baby about to explode on the scene

That was a fantastic game that ended on a nutty touchback. That was Kelly's first year at Oregon as OC.

That was pretty much the last time Cal was "great" during Tedford's tenure. In that game, Nate Longshore's ankle was injured on of Oregon's patented ankle tackles and he was never the same. His injury completely blew the 2007 season. The next week was the Kevin Riley scramble game where all we needed to do was kick a FG to be ranked #1. Tedford lost his mojo at that point in time and never recovered.

I believe there was a PI that wasn't called, but I remember sitting there chewing finger nails during those 3 plays.

The Mack Brown pandering has never been forgiven, and I bring it up to my UT friends whenever they lose as an example of cosmic karma. MAAAACK BROWN

We call him "Kneepads."

Some new offers went out today. Some say kiffin had final say on who got offered. Maybe these coaches are taking advantage on him being gone. Tee Martin will be at Saleisian HS today maybe more new offers going out today.

5 star juco WR D'haquille Williams announced he will visit USC

Wtf is up with that name.