• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

University of Southern California Football Thread

23 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I may be in the minority but I just don't see an NFL quarterback in Darnold. Another year of college may help but I never felt he was in control of the field or able to see the entire field when under pressure. 

He will receive better coaching in the league while making millions . Either learning on the bench or thrown in the fire 

his stock couldn’t get any higher with another year in LA

39 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

Petros was talking about this last night, that Helton will be a potential lame duck that opens the door to negative recruiting.  Personally, I think Helton sinks without Darnold.  From everything I've heard/read/seen Helton is a great guy.  Great guy.  Not a leader of men on the football field.

I really don’t mind Helton. He just needs to hire a DB coach and a real QB coach since his brother left (not the GA they promoted during bowl preps)

if he makes no staff changes this off season then I lose all faith in the guy 

17 hours ago, nando714 said:

Stephen Carr show next fall. Before his high ankle injury he looked really good

Darnold also declares. Good call. His stock will never be higher 

fink-sears-Daniels battle this spring/fall

Time for Helton to sink or swim without Darnold

also of note . Helton’s contract is only 3 years guaranteed (2018 being year3). No talks of an extension as of yet....

Daniels is supposed to be as good as Rosen was coming out of HS, would be shocked if he isn't the starter.

15 hours ago, nando714 said:

I really don’t mind Helton. He just needs to hire a DB coach and a real QB coach since his brother left (not the GA they promoted during bowl preps)

if he makes no staff changes this off season then I lose all faith in the guy 

I don't think he knows how to be a head coach.  He cut his teeth under Kiffin?  And then Sark?  And before that under his Dad and then some time at Memphis?

Deontay Burnett declares for the draft 

WR prospect Amon Ra St. Brown should start from day 1 as a true freshman at the slot receiver. Some recruiting guys have him as the #1 high school WR. 

he and JT Daniels were the top performers at the Army all American game.

if Helton doesn’t mess this up the future is bright 

1 hour ago, AngelsLongBall said:

You buying into the story that Swann is giving Helton plenty of rope to hang himself?

I haven’t been subscribing to any message boards lately.

idk what to think.

my personal opinion...I think Swann is done with Helton. Swann isn’t gonna pony up big cash for big time assistant hires anymore. From what I can find out about Helton’s contract is that it’s only 3 years guaranteed and 2018 being year 3. If usc doesn’t win a NY6 game or appear in the playoffs then Helton is gone. 

Just a guess

you read anything interesting ?

50 minutes ago, nando714 said:

I haven’t been subscribing to any message boards lately.

idk what to think.

my personal opinion...I think Swann is done with Helton. Swann isn’t gonna pony up big cash for big time assistant hires anymore. From what I can find out about Helton’s contract is that it’s only 3 years guaranteed and 2018 being year 3. If usc doesn’t win a NY6 game or appear in the playoffs then Helton is gone. 

Just a guess

you read anything interesting ?

I’m seeing that Swann wants his own guy, doesn’t like the C-USA connotations. Swann is the anti Haden but he needs cause. 

I would agree with your opinion. I’m no Helton fan, I think he was propped up by Darnold. I don’t think Helton has coached us to any wins (snatched victory from the jaws of defeat), and generally has beaten the teams we *should* beat, albeit slightly.  Team never seems prepared, been that way since Kiffin. Like I mentioned in a previous post, he hasn’t had good head coaching role models. 

2 hours ago, AngelsLongBall said:

I think this was expected. His departure at least is backed up by those poly dudes who were redshirted. Iman decided to stay, right?

Yes. Most of the players who were supposed to leave, declared

Green will be missed, but I’m excited to see some of the younger guys now. 

Tee Martin just worked usc for an extension. Who can blame him.