• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

University of Southern California Football Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Good point, but still in their best shape in 3 years

Will Kessler take it to the next level?

Will JuJu Smith become what Williams, Jarrett, Woods, Lee, Agohlar, etc. all became?

Will someone emerge in the backfield to replace Buck Allen?

Will the defense step it up?

Edited by Angel Oracle

Offense won't be an issue for usc imo. davis ,madden and the 2 texas freshman will compete for carries. TE is thin though.they added a transfer from oklahoma who should add some depth.

Defensive line is a concern also inside linebacker. I think the secondary is loaded especially adding biggie marshall to the mix.

Edited by nando714

They'll be starting the yr with about 73-76 scholarship players.

curious . . . why do college football teams have such huge rosters? some teams are so huge that they've got guys sharing numbers (i think during the rose bowl last year there were 3 players on oregon wearing #8, for example).  why carry so many players?

I hesitated mentioning this, as I knew for a while something was coming and it's his personal life, but for those living in the South Bay and close to the team, this comes as no surprise

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/uscnow/la-sp-usc-steve-sarkisian-and-wife-in-process-of-divorce-20150421-story.html

• 3 weeks later...

USC picked up 2 commits over the last month or so

Alabama WR 3 star Velus Jones. I don't think he'll stick though.

http://247sports.com/Player/Velus-Jones-Jr-79333

4 Star QB Matt Fink from Glendora. He's a duel threat QB.

http://247sports.com/Player/Matt-Fink-77216

Also Phil Steele thinks USC has the #2 toughest schedule in the country in 2015. A list that includes 5 pac teams in the top 10. Shows how competitive the conference has gotten.

1. Alabama

2. USC

3. Arkansas

4. California

5. Washington

6. Auburn

7. Texas

8. Utah

9. Stanford

10. Kansas

Bryce Dixon no longer at USC.

They're fortunate Tyler Petite is coming in. The transfers of both Connor Spears and Tyler McNamara (both are eligible immediately) and JCF getting his grades in order (insert ballroom dancing joke here).

I also think Dequan Hampton gets a look at the Y position. Juco transfer

Man, Dixon was always thought to be a UCLA lean til the last couple months when he ended up at USC. Dodged a bullet there.

Kid got mixed up with the wrong girl and her bf not to mention who her parents are ( heavy usc donors).