• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pluto

pluto_charon_color_final.png

Pluto and Charon have a similar relationship to us and our own Moon.  I wonder if Charon has given life, in a geological sense, to Pluto's core causing things like tectonic movement.

I thought Charon wasn't that similar to our moon...I'd heard they were orbiting their mutual center of gravity.

The transmitter that sends the photos and other data from the spacecraft has 10 watts of power.

3.7 billion miles, 10 watts. Many AM radio stations which have an effective range of a few hundred miles transmit at 50,000 watts.

Large radio telescopes are required to pick up the signal. Amazing, the whole process.

The transmitter that sends the photos and other data from the spacecraft has 10 watts of power.

3.7 billion miles, 10 watts. Many AM radio stations which have an effective range of a few hundred miles transmit at 50,000 watts.

Large radio telescopes are required to pick up the signal. Amazing, the whole process.

Yeah, I believe they said that because of the lack of bandwidth, the full compressed data won't be done transmitting until some time in 2016.

Just amazing what Nasa is able to accomplish if it had some money.  I forget what Vgers computer memory was.  But I think my bluetooth headphones might have more.  

Nasa's budget I believe in 2015.  $18 billion.  Military budget.  $599 billion.  

Mountains of nitrogen have evaporated into space and there's some sort of heat source underneath the surface. Just a couple of things revealed today.

Change nitrogen to methane and I'd swear you talked to my wife.

• 1 month later...

We had a thread a couple years back about the overuse of words like 'awesome' and 'amazing'.

The grand piano-sized spacecraft is travelling 30,000 miles an hour, and scientists placed it within 8,000 miles of Pluto after sending it on a 3 billion mile journey. On the way, it also collected a bunch of data from asteroids and Jupiter and its moons.

Now the spacecraft is sending back high resolution images of an object 3/4 the size of our own moon. 

This is both awesome and amazing.