• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Because frack you, that's why

"Enviromentalists remain aghast"

Classic.

In all seriousness, I'm a fan of local control.  I don't agree with the agenda but I think they should be able to do it, whether it is stupid or not as long as no state or national constitutional rights are being infringed upon.

"Enviromentalists remain aghast"

Classic.

In all seriousness, I'm a fan of local control.  I don't agree with the agenda but I think they should be able to do it, whether it is stupid or not as long as no state or national constitutional rights are being infringed upon.

Is the implication here that you're in favor of fracking?  

They should move the governer's mansion to the fracking site. let him enjoy some freedom.

The only moral abortion is the one I'm paying for, and fracking is perfectly safe as long as it isn't happening near me.

Is the implication here that you're in favor of fracking?  

With no fracking, there is no bakken.  With no Bakken, there are no jobs.

No to mention, fracking is a pretty wide term.  Unless they are fracking for natural gas, there aren't any flaming faucets.  With very deep fracking, like we have here there have been zero issues with water, earthquakes or anything.

With no fracking, there is no bakken.  With no Bakken, there are no jobs.

No to mention, fracking is a pretty wide term.  Unless they are fracking for natural gas, there aren't any flaming faucets.  With very deep fracking, like we have here there have been zero issues with water, earthquakes or anything.

So jobs trump everything else?  

Here's the thing about this. I doubt anyone locally wants to stop safe fracking that creates jobs and does no harm. But as we know there is a fracking that causes environmental damage and poisons water supplies. Now the people who may be affected by dangerous fracking have had the authority to protect their family and community stripped away by people who only stand to profit with no personal risk. Is this the American way?

Here's the thing about this. I doubt anyone locally wants to stop safe fracking that creates jobs and does no harm. But as we know there is a fracking that causes environmental damage and poisons water supplies. Now the people who may be affected by dangerous fracking have had the authority to protect their family and community stripped away by people who only stand to profit with no personal risk. Is this the American way?

Yes.

I see you completely ignored my second statement.  Read it and get back to me.

When your first statement is "With no fracking, there is no bakken.  With no Bakken, there are no jobs." it doesn't matter much what follows.  You've already established your position.

You can argue that there are methods of fracking that are less harmful to the environment but the Texas bill doesn't allow for that consideration.  It's a total ban on restrictions on any type of fracking.  No nuance there at all.

At the same time, we are ensuring that people and officials at the local level are not going to be encroaching upon individual liberty," he said.

Man, that should get an award for doublespeak.  The bill does exactly the opposite.  

When your first statement is "With no fracking, there is no bakken.  With no Bakken, there are no jobs." it doesn't matter much what follows.  You've already established your position.

You can argue that there are methods of fracking that are less harmful to the environment but the Texas bill doesn't allow for that consideration.  It's a total ban on restrictions on any type of fracking.  No nuance there at all.

The jobs are why it is important to me.  The fact that the fracking here is safe is why that is ok.

and as I've said, I believe local municipalities should have more say so over their land and money than anyone else.  I do not agree with the law, as I already said.

If jobs are the problem, how about this: Reduce the defense budget by two-thirds (at least), which frees up about $400 billion a year. Then use that money to create a "New Square Deal" - renovating the infrastructure of the country, strengthening public transportation, especial rail. Voila, jobs - and millions of them.

While we're at it, bring stronger regulations to bear on the pharmaceutical-medical-insurance hegemony and establish a single-payer health care system. Voila, universal (and free) health care.

It really isn't brain science and other countries are already doing this sort of thing. It is time to accept that the US is decades behind much of Western Europe, in terms of quality of life, health care, etc.

If jobs are the problem, how about this: Reduce the defense budget by two-thirds (at least), which frees up about $400 billion a year. Then use that money to create a "New Square Deal" - renovating the infrastructure of the country, strengthening public transportation, especial rail. Voila, jobs - and millions of them.

While we're at it, bring stronger regulations to bear on the pharmaceutical-medical-insurance hegemony and establish a single-payer health care system. Voila, universal (and free) health care.

It really isn't brain science and other countries are already doing this sort of thing. It is time to accept that the US is decades behind much of Western Europe, in terms of quality of life, health care, etc.

Most of western europe is more broke than we are. 

As has already been stated, the fracking that is being done here is totally safe.

Most of western europe is more broke than we are. 

As has already been stated, the fracking that is being done here is totally safe.

You do realize there is more to the country and world than "here" (meaning, where you live in Montana).

And what do you mean by "most of western Europe"? Greece? Spain? I'm talking about the UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland. Are they broke? Clearly all countries have problems, but in many ways we are far behind these countries.

You do realize there is more to the country and world than "here" (meaning, where you live in Montana).

And what do you mean by "most of western Europe"? Greece? Spain? I'm talking about the UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland. Are they broke? Clearly all countries have problems, but in many ways we are far behind these countries.

Those countries all have even or negative population growth and very strong immigration laws, except for the UK.