• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GPS Unit, Non-Vehicle Use

Spencer

I'm in te market for a handheld GPS unit for plotting points on maps.

It can't break the bank, but it needs to be reliable and accurate.

I've used Trimble units, but they're expensive and I don't know how to utilize a fraction of what they're capable of.

Anyone use this type of tech for work or fun?

I'm in te market for a handheld GPS unit for plotting points on maps.

It can't break the bank, but it needs to be reliable and accurate.

I've used Trimble units, but they're expensive and I don't know how to utilize a fraction of what they're capable of.

Anyone use this type of tech for work or fun?

Might post this on the hangout board, I think one of the guys that posts there a lot lives in the desert and does a lot of geocaching.

A quick google search shows that Garmin makes a lot of them but they are all ~$300.  A smartphone doesn't do what you need?  Most of them have mapping apps available.

Do you want something with a detailed map display, or something to pin down really accurate Lat/Lon points to download later?

I've used a number of GPS smart phone apps.  The trouble is that they deplete your phone battery really fast.