• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Costco ditches Amex for Visa

I have both a Costco and a Sam's Club membership - got the Sam's Club on a Groupon deal with a bunch of coupons that essentially made it free.  After comparing the two, much to my surprise Sam's Club is coming out a bit ahead.  Costco seems to have more locations near me but Sam's is usually less crowded (a big plus) and has a bit more variety.  Plus, the cheapo-food deli has many more choices.  When it comes time to decide between the two, I might go with Sam's.  

Means you have a year to use the rewards up.

I don't know if all Costco/AMEX cards are the same. 

With my card, the rewards are issued every February for the previous year.  It's in the form of a check made payable to Costco that gets used as a payment voucher.

I have friends in cali who shop pretty much exclusively at Costco for their every day stuff, and they don't use a Costco Amex.  They use their other Amex cards and build up huge miles for flights.    

A friend of mine who got married a couple years back paid for $5K of airfare for their honeymoon all through Amex miles.  

I can see why a lot of Amex users aren't thrilled with this.  

Yeah. That is what we do.

The only reason I have an AmEx is because of Costco.  I can finally get rid of it. 

Yup same here.  And once the Costco disolves this marriage.  I'm sure AMEX will start charging a yearly fee like all their other cards.  So bye bye AMEX.

Pretty sure it's co-branded, like my USAA AMEX is.  

I got the stupid thing, which I never use, before I got my Blue Cash and Gold cards. 

Mine looks like a regular AMEX on the front, with my Costco member info and photo on the back.  It still seems like a real AMEX card to me, but maybe I don't understand?

I will miss AMEX's rental car insurance program that for $17.95 (for California residents) covered the entire duration of a rental car.  It even activates automatically when you use the card at a rental agency.  The plan covers much more than the free "insurance" that comes with many credit cards. 

Their customer service is legit too.

Yep. And their travel people are so awesome.

I got stuck in Dallas or Denver at like 3am when my incoming flight was delayed, which missed the connecting flight back to SFO.

There was a storm or something so no one could get out.

It was a scramble with people trying and failing to find hotels with available rooms - just chaos.

People were bitching about how they can't find rooms and they are gonna have to sleep in the airport.

I called Amex travel, told them to handle it, they had a hotel room locked up for me and a car outside within like 10 minutes.

Love those cats.