• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Kendrick or Freese likely to be traded

HBMike

Really doubtful the Angels deal Freese.  They just traded for him and they finally saw the healthy version of him in the 2nd half last year.  I think he's the long term solution as they'll look to extend him.  Kendrick on the other hand has been shopped before, unfortunately to no avail.  Last offseason they were looking for Doug fister and Jose Quintana types to fill the rotation out.  But another year down and more teams on the lookout for a 2B option (though very few contenders) means the Angels will be able to bring back a starter, just not anything more than a solid back end guy. 

I see this as a similar situation that led to the Orlando Cabrera-Jon Garland trade that happened.  Expect the Angels to get a Garland or Vargas type of starter.  Just someone to slot at the back-end. 

The group of SP that I see them getting: J.A. Happ, Drew Hutchison, John Danks, Hector Noesi, Brad Hand or Tom Koehler.

Yeah, it's a crap return, but that's what I see them getting for one year of Kendrick. 

Edited by ScottyA_MWAH

Would hate to see Kendrick go, but he would definitely have more value.

Freese has little trade value

In both cases moving the player probably has more to do with opening up room under the luxury tax to bring in an outside arm...especially if you replace them with Green.

Edited by red321

Really doubtful the Angels deal Freese.  They just traded for him and they finally saw the healthy version of him in the 2nd half last year.  I think he's the long term solution as they'll look to extend him.  Kendrick on the other hand has been shopped before, unfortunately to no avail.  Last offseason they were looking for Doug fister and Jose Quintana types to fill the rotation out.  But another year down and more teams on the lookout for a 2B option (though very few contenders) means the Angels will be able to bring back a starter, just not anything more than a solid back end guy. 

I see this as a similar situation that led to the Orlando Cabrera-Jon Garland trade that happened.  Expect the Angels to get a Garland or Vargas type of starter.  Just someone to slot at the back-end. 

The group of SP that I see them getting: J.A. Happ, Drew Hutchison, John Danks, Hector Noesi, Brad Hand or Tom Koehler.

Yeah, it's a crap return, but that's what I see them getting for one year of Kendrick. 

Yeah, out of these possibilities, the only one I'd consider would be Hutchison.

If the return is worth it, trade 'em both.  Green and Beckham would make as much as Howie does alone.  And could probably come within 80% of the production of Howie and Freese. (Wild and totally uninformed guess with NO statistical evidence!)

This team desparately needs to get younger and cheaper. 

gotta give up something to get something -- who would want Freese?

now, he did come off late in the season but overall, not impressed with his performance with us at all.

would like to see him moved........not sure what (if anything much) we would get in return.

Howie would fetch a decent arm in return, one would think -- wouldn't want to see Howie leave us.

kendrick is basically almost untradeable in my opinion.

Guy can hit anywhere in the line up. Those numbers, in this new day and age of crappy hitting are pretty darn stellar. He hasn't dropped off much, considering he started his career pre 2010, when hitting numbers were still inflated.

And I agree with a poster from above, Freese is solid at 3B. That position has crappy players. I would never over-invest in that position because its a gamble and there isn't anyone that stands out. 

Edited by DoubleOffTheWall