• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The One Thing Americans Fear the Most

I'm afraid of 99% of people out there with guns, but getting shot isn't in my top 5.  

I'm not. The vast majority of gun owners know to never point a gun at anything you don't intend to shoot (muzzle discipline). There are exceptions of course, that warmongering coward Dick Cheney being a good example.

This is of more concern:checkpointguns3.jpg

America, land of the "checkpoint". Where you can drive down the street minding your own business only to have some costumed fukk stop you and point a rifle at your head.

Real concerns?

The dollar is very precarious. Whether a fast crash or a slow decline into hyperinflation as the banks finally put into circulation the trillions that they are holding (which has never happened before) is hard to guess. No currency can go from $840B (in 2008) to $4T+ without dire consequences.

Much less likely but still a concern would be the possibility of a strong CME or EMP.

A strong CME nearly happened in 2012.

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2014/02may_superstorm/

CME would only couple into very large antenna like power lines. Fixing it wouldn't be a matter of some workers going out to flip a switch. New transformers would have to be fabricated and installed. Certainly it would take many months if not longer before the lights came back on.

An EMP would do that plus it would couple into small electronic devices as well. Anything with a mosfet or finfet (just about everything now) would be toast. Some useful info in the EMP Commission to Congress in this pdf:

http://www.empcommission.org/docs/A2473-EMP_Commission-7MB.pdf

So yeah, I'm not too worried about identity theft or the dark. People have some serious normalcy bias to overcome if they think that's all there is to be worried about.