• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia is Sporting News' AL Mgr. of the Yr.

T.G.

Why do you care so much, though? If you don't like a certain post...skip over it. I wasn't the one singling out your posts and arguing against them and telling you how you're wrong.

why do you care so much that you have ti sh*t on people congratulating scioscia?

there's a time and place for everything. 

you just couldn't let it be a positive thread.

That's why people refer to you as RainMan. Think about it.

I'm done.

How bout you go post your negative opinions in one of the many threads dedicated to how bad you think Scioscia is?

Even if I were to do that, those threads were probably littered by you telling them how wrong they are and how those threads are stupid. Amirite? In other words, unusable.

Hypocrisy at it's finest. You tell other people to keep their negative thoughts out of threads that you deem are positive... yet you still post and argue in those so-called negative threads with your so-called positive thoughts.

Can't have it both ways.

why do you care so much that you have ti sh*t on people congratulating scioscia?

there's a time and place for everything.

you just couldn't let it be a positive thread.

That's why people refer to you as RainMan. Think about it.

I'm done.

Except I didn't care about you congratulating Scioscia. I just posted my opinion regarding this award. You chose to care because of your constant need to argue and derail threads.

If you're done then stop going back and forth.

Edited by Angels

Anybody here think Scioscia is not stubborn?

Is that a good managerial quality?

Starting Hamilton and Cron in the playoffs , Starting Branden Wood over and over again,

Not replacing Pujols in the 8th or 9th with a pinch runner,

Replacing Freese in the 6th during the playoffs,

Benching Kendrys Morales the next day after he hit 2 homeruns against the Rangers.

Yes, bunting Calhoun.

Taking Greinke out of the game in the 9th when walks 1 guy.

You forgot playing Jeff Mathis over Mike "2 Rings" Napoli...

You forgot playing Jeff Mathis over Mike "2 Rings" Napoli...

Interestingly, early this season many on the boards were clamoring for Scioscia to "Free Conger", a curious reversal in which Scioscia was defaulting to start Napoli (Iannetta) and many on the boards wanted to start the Mathis-esque lower-OBP catcher with better pitch-framer, blocking, and game-calling skills.  

I'm afraid my biggest complains about Scioscia this year (it's been a good year for him), were probably actually directly mandated by Arte:  

• Pujols batting third,
  • Pujols batting immediately behind trout therefore rendering it practically impossible for him to steal bases, 
  • Josh Hamtilon being on the playoff roster
  • Josh Hamilton starting all three games in the playoffs in left field
  • Sac-bunting to [hopefully] bring Hamilton up to the plate with a RISP
  • Starting your favorite lefty pitcher, CJ Wilson, in game 3 of the ALDS 

If Scioscia did end up getting fired I woudln't be surprised to see him come back and succeed elsewhere. 

Edited by ScottLux

You must be new this year. The previous four years was almost exclusively fire Scioscia. The difference was since the team was failing with four disappointing season there was justification to fire him.

it is only those who want him fired after leading the Angels to the best record in baseball are stupid.

Ok. You're dumb for thinking the opposite of what I do in regards to Scioscia. Yeah, that's the general gist of their entire argument. Some debate, eh?

And no. I don't care if someone like you or Stradling disagrees with me. But look around - and it isn't just for me - the droves instantly come out whenever someone posts anything negative about Scioscia or the team. And usually the usual suspects. It's as if they cannot handle negative comments about Scioscia or the team and they feel obligated to defend to the point of obsession. It's argumentative. And annoying. Clearly they're not going to change the way I think nor am I going to change the way they think. So what's the point?

Isn't that why someone like lifetime got banned? For constantly arguing to the point of obsession whenever he read a differing opinion from his own? Some people just can't handle opinions that are different from their own and feel the need to argue all the time.

The writers already made their selection at seasons end. It is all about press release scheduling to keep the baseball buzz going at this point. The awards will filter in even though the results will be a month or more old. One award doesn't influence the other.

You look at the candidates and the Angels won their division, best record in baseball, made a 20 game improvement over last season and survived losing Skaggs and Richards in the last two months along with Shoemaker out for three weeks and not only didn't collapse but posted a winning record for August and September.

No other managers season compares.

Edited by notti

At first, the Roger Dorn Hackilton seemed to roll off the tongue well.

But the more I think about it, Roger Dorn simply says it all.    All he needs in the dugout now is a copy of the Wall Street Journal.

The Dorn character struck me as a guy who had something going on, you know, upstairs.