• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why are we automatically forfeiting game 3?

santini1

Im pretty sure Soscia will have a really tight leash on CJ. If he can get through 5 we go to our pen and ill be happy with it. Sure our offense is asleep but theyre explosive and can easily put up a 7 spot on shields. Lol its as if the Royals were to give us game one because they'd be facing weaver and used up their ace the game before and look how that turned out

Admittedly, I'm still so extremely bummed about last night. The playoffs suck. There is nothing enjoyable about them. When the Angels have a lead all I do is worry that they'll give it up, when they're trailing, I count the remaining outs in the game. They can go out tonight and kick the crap out of the Royals and we'll probably all feel pretty good about it and the rest of the series.

To game 3, you're right. CJ will have an incredibly short leash and Rasmus will be ready to roll. It isn't an automatic loss by any means. 

conceding is the word I think you'er looking for, and nobody is. Just looking at it objectively, it's going to be a tough game for 2 big reasons: Shields vs. Wilson and their crowd will be out of control and put a spring in KC's step. Doesn't mean an automatic loss, but if you're projecting - and that's all we can do right now - that games doesn't have the best odds for the Angels, so you'd rather not be in a position where you have to win it. Don't go breaking the glass on your superfan cape just yet.

Edited by WallyWorld

if CJ does start game 3 and we lose this series . . . oof, the next 4 months years around here are going to be entertaining.

This board will be "entertaining" until October 2018  :(

Edited by ScottLux

Admittedly, I'm still so extremely bummed about last night. The playoffs suck. There is nothing enjoyable about them. When the Angels have a lead all I do is worry that they'll give it up, when they're trailing, I count the remaining outs in the game. They can go out tonight and kick the crap out of the Royals and we'll probably all feel pretty good about it and the rest of the series.

To game 3, you're right. CJ will have an incredibly short leash and Rasmus will be ready to roll. It isn't an automatic loss by any means. 

The problem with CJ is he can throw 35 pitches in the second inning and give up three runs, then throw shutout baseball for the next six innings.

It's maddening to try and figure him out.

Forfeit? Hardly. But there's plenty of reasons to be pessimistic.

Wilson's ERA:

June: 5.97 (1.61 WHIP)

July: 10.13 (2.38 WHIP)

August: 4.94 (1.77 WHIP)

September: 4.76 (1.55 WHIP)

That's who the Angels are relying on in a pivotal game 3 of the postseason. And only against some scrub named James Shields.

It's hardly a forfeit, but it's hard to feel good about any game CJ starts. It's comfortably the game we were most likely to lose in this series. Of course, that isn't to say we will lose. But we're really going to need that one to go right for us.