• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sacrifice bunts are ?

joeywings

We didn't see sac bunts very much in 2014 because the team took care of business on their own.  Now that they are struggling, Scioscia is trying to play hero with micromanaging, except this almost always fails. 

I can't remember many games where sac bunting has led to the Angels winning, can you? 

2002 ALCS against the Twins. AK missed a bunt for strike 2. So, he had to swing and hit a 3-run shot.

Wait....

Bunting to advance two runners with no outs is a no-brainer .

Man on first and two bad hitters behind the bunter ? dumb

Edited by joeywings

I think the bigger problem is that we weren't able to do sacrifice bunts with guys already on second tonight, and that's because our running game is pretty much dead.  If we could have stolen a base early in a count, and then bunted the runner over to third, we could have maybe won tonight.  I don't think that's a make or break though, these guys need to get clutch hits t win games, but I do think we could increase our SB's especially when the offense clearly isn't doing jack shit.

2002 ALCS against the Twins. AK missed a bunt for strike 2. So, he had to swing and hit a 3-run shot.

Wait....

Bunting to advance two runners with no outs is a no-brainer .

Man on first and two bad hitters behind the bunter ? dumb

Remember when Scioscia bunted two runners over with one out already in Game 6 of the 2002 series? We got lucky and giving up the out didn't hurt us, as we already had the one-run lead in the 8th inning, and Percy shut down the Giants in the 9th. But to this day I can't understand that call.

Edited by fan_since79

Remember when Scioscia bunted two runners over with one out already in Game 6 of the 2002 series? We got lucky and giving up the out didn't hurt us, as we already had the one-run lead in the 8th inning, and Percy shut down the Giants in the 9th. But to this day I can't understand that call.

His other good one  was bunting Torii in Texas with runner on second base and nobody out  really early in the game .

IN TEXAS . Like that run was huge . Torii was hitting over .300 after Trout came to be the lead-off guy.

That was the day after he forgot to pinch run for Morales.