• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Just so we're clear about something

The Angels are the favorites. The Royals, in particular their running game and nasty threesome in the bullpen, could give the Angels problems, but it would be a significant upset if they take the series.

I'm guessing the Angels win the series in four games, maybe three. Upsets do happen, though.

I've experienced enough heartbreak and teeth-gnashing losses in my first 30 years to fill a good-sized "Well of  Baseball Anguish"...and then Game 6 of the 2002 WS happened.  Teams that should win usually do but its never a lock and the playoffs are where the seemingly impossible happens as players who sucked during the regular season become heroes at times and can throw of the burdens of the regular season with one solid postseason AB. 

Weren't the Yankees favourites in 2002?  

Sometimes I reflect on that moment in the first playoff game at the OG Skankee Stadium when the fans gave a curtain call to whatever player in something like the third inning.  Like the Angels were just a bit player in the Skankee trip to their next championship and it was not too early for the Skankee fans to pay homage to the Skanks on their triumphant trip to their inevitable World Series victory. 

And then a funny thing happened to them on the way to the 2002 World Series...

True, Adam. But KC really doesn't have much going for them except their speed and bullpen. They don't hit or pitch extraordinarily well.

They'll have to contain our offense and on the road for the most part.

I don't think KC beats Oakland if the game isn't in KC.

The Angels are favorites for sure and statistically should win the series. But, it isn't like Weaver and Shoemaker are dominant guys who are locks to put up quality starts. Nothing would surprise me in this series. 

After the Oakland-KC game, I became a fan of the one-game wildcard playoff, but then the game last night reminded me of why I don't like it - one game isn't a fair representative of how good a team is, day in and day out. Seattle is possibly the best team in baseball, or at least the AL, simply because of Felix. But for the four other games of their regular season rotation, they're just another solid team. Last night SF had the advantage of having a much better #1 than Pittsburgh.

Just so we're clear about something...

...I'm blaming this thread if the Angels lose the ALDS. Not the pitching. Not the offense. Not KC playing better baseball. Not Mike Scioscia. This. Thread.

At least you'd be blaming the thread and not me. I feel more at ease, considering how close you live.

like Jon Lester? 

I think he means like Felix Hernandez or Clayton Kershaw. Lester, Shields (and Bumgarner, for that matter, or Jered Weaver a few years ago) are more in the "second tier" of aces - true #1s, but not near-locks for dominant performances.

But point taken - there's no such thing as a sure thing.