• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We was robbed

Tank

And how did they get entry? What kind of locks do you have on your door?

gained entry through an open window in our bathroom, 7 feet high. stood on a chair and climbed through a window no more than 13 inches wide. had to be almost the size of a child to get in. tried getting in through the kitchen door and then the sliding back door. they through a rock and then a brick at our sliding doors without any luck - not sure what company makes that glass, but i highly recommend them. police fingerprinted the window, which led into our shower, and they fingerprinted that as well. the genious left one of our kitchen knives in one of the bedrooms and the police took that to fingerprint also.

phil, no negligence on the part of the landlord, who happens to be the employer of both my wife and i. they've been pretty good about repairs and changed the locks the next day. there was no fault from them.

went to the social security admin yesterday. those fine, wonderful people are open from 9-3, so now i have to take time off work to go see them. they also close at noon on wednesdays. i'm sure they deserve it.

also went to the passport office and almost blew a major gasket. the clerk told me i have to mail in the lost/stolen report form instead of just giving it to him, unless i'm also paying right then and there and applying for a new passport, which i wasn't prepared to do. oh, and this was the part that really made me happy, i get to pay the full renewal price of $135 for a passport that some uninvited dbag took from my locked safe in my house. yay!

gov't workers . . .

update - went back to social security admin this week. here's a sentence i never thought i'd type: they were easy to work with and very efficient. we were done in 32 minutes, and that was without an appointment. can't sing their praises high enough over this.

have contacted the proper people for replacement birth certificates. also a pretty easy process.

the passport people make me want to give them a donkey punch to the gut. filled out all the paperwork and went up the window to turn it. explained to the clerk this was a replacement for a stolen passport and gave her the appropriate form. she asked to see my birth cert, and i explained that it was stolen. she said sorry, can't process without one. "but you already have my info; this is for a replacement!" sorry, you're starting at ground zero and this is what they require. hmmph, government . . .

i need to add here, without making anyone uncomfortable, how generous my friends are. i met with a few of you last night, and i'm still overwhelmed at your generosity. thank you seems like such an inadequate expression, but i don't have a better one at the moment. my wife was equally dumbfounded this morning when i showed her what had been done for us. my daughter was just simply giddy when i showed her what i brought home.

we are all honored, and it is our absolute privilege to call each of you a friend. thank you, thank you, thank you. i hope you are blessed ten times over for what you have done (and i have connections with The Big Guy upstairs; i've already put in several good words for you).

• 6 years later...

Did they ever catch the a-holes?

When I was 14, I came home to our condo (we lived in Tustin) and when I opened the garage, my dog came running out.  I thought that was weird because both my parents worked and wouldn't have been home.  I went through the garage and into the patio and the patio sliding door was open.  Again, I thought that was weird.  I walked into the home and stuff was everywhere - a bunch by the front door.  I must have walked in on them and they ran out the front.  I ran to the garage and grabbed a pellet gun.  I walked through the house, opening every closet door.  That pellet gun probably wouldn't have done much, but it's all I had.  I then called the police and my parents.

The scumbag(s) had ransacked 3 condos in a row.  They probably would have kept going if I hadn't come home. That was a long, long time ago - and I still think about it to this day.  They crawled in through an open kitchen window that wasn't very big.  Lesson learned.  They even fed my dog some food out of the fridge. 

We really felt violated.  It's a sick feeling to know someone had been in your home, gone through your things and stolen a bunch of stuff.  They even took a clear piggy bank I had full of coins.

They never caught the guys either. 

On 9/27/2014 at 9:24 PM, Tank said:

went to the social security admin yesterday. those fine, wonderful people are open from 9-3, so now i have to take time off work to go see them. they also close at noon on wednesdays. i'm sure they deserve it.

I reached full Social Security retirement age this month. I submitted my application back in December, and I requested a start date in March. Social Security called about two weeks ago, and they said that they needed for me to answer some questions before they could finalize my application and start sending out payments. I got the same song and dance, only open 9-3. I got a letter in the mail with the name and direct extension of the person who needed to talk to me. I called twice. No answer, twice. Left voice mails, twice. No return call, twice. I received paperwork with the questions that they wanted answered. There were four of them, each one sent in a separate mailing, but with the same return address. I decided to fill out the papers and send them back, because it was apparent that they were never going to return my call.

21 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I reached full Social Security retirement age this month. I submitted my application back in December, and I requested a start date in March. Social Security called about two weeks ago, and they said that they needed for me to answer some questions before they could finalize my application and start sending out payments. I got the same song and dance, only open 9-3. I got a letter in the mail with the name and direct extension of the person who needed to talk to me. I called twice. No answer, twice. Left voice mails, twice. No return call, twice. I received paperwork with the questions that they wanted answered. There were four of them, each one sent in a separate mailing, but with the same return address. I decided to fill out the papers and send them back, because it was apparent that they were never going to return my call.

In December did you submit on line, in person or via US mail?