• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We was robbed

Tank

literally. someone broke into our home yesterday while we were at work/school and rifled through the house. they stole two laptops, an ipad, the spare keys to our cars, and some other things. 

been to the car dealer to fix our issue with the stolen key and get everything re-programmed. been on the phone this afternoon with the credit reporting agencies to get an alert put on our accounts. have to still go to a few places to get accounts settled or put on other alerts. concerned about identity theft right now as much as anything else. all the things on our computers (pictures mainly but also our contacts) are on the cloud and easy enough to replace on a new computer, minus four videos my daughter shot at the one direction concert two weeks ago. we are renters and don't have renters insurance, something i'm about to regret deeply. 

police came out and took pictures for their report. the CSI guys came out this morning and dusted for fingerprints. 

the hassle of going through all of this is pretty aggravating. this is a moment that's really testing my ability to forgive. i'll get there, but i'm definitely not there right now. i hope this punk gets caught and is successfully prosecuted.

picking the home of a family that has no valuables, no money, and no jewelry was probably not his best move. 

Those home security monitoring signs might head off an other event. Plus if you can, get window stickers. Any thing to make them think there is an easier target down the road.

And very sorry to hear this happened to you. Its has been about 30 years since I got hit. Not fun at all.

Edited by Slegnaac

was really wishing i had a german shepherd yesterday.

the identity theft potential is pretty bad and a giant pain to fix, but even worse is knowing that someone went through all of your dresser drawers. seeing that your socks and underwear have been pushed around is a very weird feeling. 

happy to say they left my Kings stuff alone. that right there tells me this was probably some little soccer fan.

When we lived in Altadena we were robbed 5 times in three years. We hardly owned anything at the time, no computers just a camera. The SOB stole the camera and in it was an almost complete roll of film of a trip with the kids to Disneyland with my mom. No, I don't forgive the asshole, he doesn't deserve it for being a scumbag. Save forgiveness for those that can utilize it to be better people.

When we lived in Altadena we were robbed 5 times in three years. We hardly owned anything at the time, no computers just a camera. The SOB stole the camera and in it was an almost complete roll of film of a trip with the kids to Disneyland with my mom. No, I don't forgive the asshole, he doesn't deserve it for being a scumbag. Save forgiveness for those that can utilize it to be better people.

there isn't a cap limit on how much forgiveness you can extend

* Public Service Announcement

Sucks to hear that Tank. 

I came home to my parents' house one time, with all the drawers open.  It is a very unsettling feeling.  My grandparents' house in Palm Desert was just robbed over Labor Day.  The dumbasses first tried to kick in the sliding glass door...and kicked in the door that didn't slide.  So they kicked in a back door.  Fortunately, that house has literally nothing of value.  They pried a flat screen off the wall, and may have walked off with an old Sega Genesis.  I can't remember if I kept that there, or threw it away.  These guys must have been so pissed

Sucks to hear Tank.  These thieves are cunning.  We had a crime spree in our area, and they do their homework.  Houses all around were hit, but not even a knock at the door at my place since pretty much someone is home all the time.  Then again, we also don't park outside, where most if not all of the neighbors park on the streets/driveways.  Even if they had secuity, these guys would cut the phone line.  

Hopefully they catch them.  Or you catch them, and on behalf of all victims of home robberies, you cut off their head on youtube.

I've heard although for the most part you can't prevent thieves from getting into your house, installing a camera system to record what went on during a robbery provides a little bit of "piece of mind" for victoms of this sort of thing. Because that way you actually get to see what went on in your home as opposed to just having to wonder "what did they actually go through, what did they touch?"

There's also a chance you get to see what they look like, put a person to the action, and it isn't just some mystery person or group of people you imagine going through your stuff during the period after you discover your home and life have been intruded on.

Very sorry to hear about this Tank. I am very fortunate at the lack of robberies in my life and my families, and it reminds me how lucky I have been when I hear stories about this.

Edited by CaliAngel

I hope you didn't take any nude pics.

Haha just kidding man, I totally hope you did.

It was at Disneyland with Mom,Grandma and her grand kids. I am pretty sure there were no nipple slips by Snow White on the roll.

Hope the asshole that stole the camera got a case of gonorrhea.

I'm sure you've already thought of this, but just in case you haven't, the Find My iPad app could be very helpful right now.

we tried it almost immediately after getting home. every one of our devices is listed as "offline". i've gone back and checked several times since then, including when i couldn't sleep last night at 2:30. still no luck. was really hoping this app would help us, but so far no luck. thanks for the advice, however.

been changing passwords today. had one that i've used since 1997. headed to the social security office after work today to fix that mess.

i also need to go to AAA and check our car insurance policy to see if it covers replacing key fobs. the punk stole the one for my new car and i had to get it reprogrammed yesterday for only $125. they also took the spare remote for my wife's car, which is 11 years old. we're not quite as worried about that one, but she parks on the street and it would suck to have it stolen. she's been parking elsewhere the last couple of days.

Those home security monitoring signs might head off an other event. Plus if you can, get window stickers. Any thing to make them think there is an easier target down the road.

And very sorry to hear this happened to you. Its has been about 30 years since I got hit. Not fun at all.

Any way to get one of those signs and stickers without actually signing up?

Sorry to hear it. Years ago the house of my friends parents where we spent a lot of time at growing up was broken into. They cased it and did their homework pulling up in a van looking like they were there to do work after everyone went to work for the day. Insurance covered a lot of the stuff stolen but it couldn't replace things with sentimental value like family jewelry. The worst thing was them feeling violated that someone they didn't know had been in their house and through their belongings.

Tank, is there anything your landlord could have done to have prevented this from happening? By way of example, if you live in an apartment, is there a gate to the facility that may have been left open? If it happened during dark hours, were any lighting devices out of order?