• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Apparently A's fans are unhappy with the Angels for not panicking

Spirit

I am tempted to hit up Arlington for the Angels last series there. I figure any money spent on concessions will just be wasted by Daniels on another sore neck or sore arm underperforming player that will be on the DL by next May. I would feel a little guilty supporting this miss use of funds.

From the look of the stands, you can just buy the cheapest seat you can find and then move wherever you want once the game starts.

i was always under the impression that one year contracts, such as colon's remaining balance, were considered easily absorbed and manageable by front offices.

Thats my take too.

Colon is in no way ideal. But hes s decent fill in for a number 5. And with essentially a one year (hopefully) 2 year contract, thats not bad...not bad at all.

Everybody needs to also realize were gonna start next year down TWO pitchers. Richards will be back, but not likely at the beginning. And we would still have no sp depth. So we need TWO SP this winter.

A shields/lester type is almost a must sign. Look at colon as sort of a bridge to hopefully one of our lower tier prospect arms coming up in 2016, or as simply insurance in 15. Lets say garret comes back strong, we sign sherzer (just for argument) and weave, wilson, and the beard are all solid in 15, with santiago the insurance/6th man.....you could always trade colon at that point for something cheaper.

Hes not a bad option

I don't think it is worth it. Colon is really old. The only reason he has been successful at his age is because he took steroids. The effects are still lingering, but for how long? There is no guarantee he will even do well switching back to the AL and do we really want him next year? 42 years old and another year removed from his PEDs? Plus, I don't think Arte wants a guy benefiting from PEDs on his team and I think there are a few guys on the team that wouldn't be very happy with it either. I don't know if it's worth messing with the chemistry of the current team. Either way they need the offense firing on all cylinders to get first in the division and/or to make it to the WS. If they are firing on all cylinders though I don't think they need Colon. I think the guy wrote on the OP puts it just right: "panic"...That's pretty much all that move would be.

Edited by AngelsFanSince86

I don't understand the insistent urge to get Colon. And I don't care about his past steroids crap.

When the offense is struggling, the pitching picks them up. When the pitching is struggling, the offense picks them up. We're great the way we are.

Going after Colon seems like a desperate attempt. Who knows how he'd pitch with us anyway.

No reason to gamble at this point in the season.

Edited by CaliAngel

I think Colon makes the team better for the rest of the season and next year. Everyone is always surprised by the cost of pitching. There is a market rate and Colon's salary is below that even next year. We need pitching next year and Colon is a good, inexpensive option, even if his age is a risk. It's better than the alternative.

That said, I won't be disappointed we don't get him.

Colon is not a panic move.

IMHO he is a solid pitcher for the money and we are starting next season down 2 SP's.

IF we were serious about bringing him in we would have claimed him. We would have had exclusive negotiation rights. We can afford to give up money but not prospects and since he cleared waivers some other team will likely offer a better package of prospects in exchange for the Mets absorbing some salary.

I dont know what steroids colon took...but if he got caught in 12 there is no 'lingering effect'.

That would be like aspirin taking care of headaches 2 months later

Well steroids are fat soluble and stored in fat...