• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Perfect games

Torridd

Perfect Game  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do you cheer for the pitcher to get a perfect game vs. your team?

• Yes
    • No

there's a strong part of me that likes to feel the uniqueness of a special moment. do i cheer against my team? no, but in the ninth inning that part of me wants to be in the presence of something special and rare, regardless of where it's coming from.

i think a lot of people probably feel that way, i think it's why people always say they were there when they weren't, it's that regret of knowing you missed out on a moment.

While I would NEVER cheer for a Perfect Game against the Angels, I would rather see a Perfect Game by an opposing pitcher against the Angels than see a no-good, good-for-nothing, piece of s**t, angleshooting, son of a b***h try to break up said perfect game by trying to lay down a bunt for a hit late in the game.  (Yeah, I said it.  That was completely bush-league and he deserved all of the jawing he got as well as some of the chin music).

Stand tall and proud, tip your cap to the pitcher who just kicked your butt, turn the page, and all of the other Scisosciaisms.  But for crying out loud, don't be a b***h about it.

Never against team I'm a fan of, but I do root for the perfect game/no-hitter if a pitcher has one going even if he plays for a team I don't particularly care for.

This is my view on it. For example I watched the tail end of Felix Hernandez' perfect game and was cheering for him, even though I'd never do so if he were playing against the Angels (admittedly the Rays were more of a threat to the Angels than the Mariners anyway)

I was also hoping to see Darvish at least get a full bid (I would've been annoyed had Washington pulled him out due to pitch counts after the 8th for example, although I would've enjoyed seeing "Fire Washingon" threads in all the Rangers forums).

Realistically there was pretty much no way the Astros were going to come back anyway. I was pulling for Darvish to at least get a full bid. He did. I wanted to see him possible get it but at the same time that didn't stop me from laughing at loud and cheered a bit bwhen it was broken up. 

Never ever ever ever EVER !!! I loved it when Aybar broke up Verlander's no-no, especially with a bunt, which pissed him off. That made it even better.

Break that shit up, by whatever means available. And I would expect any team to do the same against one of ours.

Aybar's bunt was a bit different in that it was only a 3-0 lead and the Angels nearly came back. Saying that a team should handicap themselves out of respect for a no-hitter is in progress is lame. 

No way, never! 

I'm a baseball fan first, Angels fan second, but my loyalty to my team supersedes any opposing team's player accomplishments. 

If the Halos are getting no-hit, I'll try anything:  rally-cap, rally-monkey, drinking Franks Red-Hot shots, sacrificing chickens, etc.... But, I'd still applaud the opposing pitcher for an amazing achievement if none of the above worked.

there's a strong part of me that likes to feel the uniqueness of a special moment. do i cheer against my team? no, but in the ninth inning that part of me wants to be in the presence of something special and rare, regardless of where it's coming from.

i think a lot of people probably feel that way, i think it's why people always say they were there when they weren't, it's that regret of knowing you missed out on a moment.

well put, ukyah.