• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trade Ideas

I've been seeing the apparently we are in the running to trade for Jeff Samardzjia.  For what it's worth, I think this would be a terrible move that would completely wipe out the farm system.  Also, Ken Rosenthal seems to think that Ian Kennedy or Dillon Gee would be good fits.  This is probably more realistic, but I still think we can maximize our value and give up the least amount by trading for Jason Hammel.  For one, Hammel has had a better season than Kennedy and Gee, and has also had success pitching in the AL with Baltimore.  I think a trade that could work would be to trade JB Shuck and Ernesto Frieri for Hammel.  WIth the Cubs needing outfield depth and Frieri's upside, I think this is a definite possibility.  And to be honest, we wouldn't be giving much up at all in the long run.

The second piece that I think is missing seems to be a left-handed bullpen option.  Look how Oakland can be with guys like Sean Doolittle and Fernando Abad.  We were banking on Brian Moran and Sean Burnett to fill that void, but obviously that can't happen.  This problem just won't go away.  Two potential guys that I think would add great value would be Tony Watson of the Pirates and Jake McGee of the Rays.  I think Watson would be a good fit, with us potentially giving up Kaleb Cowart for.  With Cowart not being able to hit for the past season and a half, we might as well utilize his value now.

I truly think Hammel and Watson could be the game changers that we need and cause us to not give up much.  Yes, Cowart is a top 5 prospect for us, but the lack of hitting has to have a lot of people worried about him going forward.

Thoughts?

You're going to get killed for the Cowart suggestion. We need 2 arms really. Bedrosian needs more time and Frieri needs to go. I like McGee and I would like to see a real closer wih us going out and getting a Perkins or someone similar. The bullpen has killed us the last several years and we are all sick of it.

Today was equal to the Frieri blowup in KC for me. We had a lead that would have given us a decent road trip record and we just blew it with bad decisions and bad pitching. To keep using our worst pitcher in the biggest spots and giving our worst hitter the DH position is mind blowing to me. It needs to ****ing stop or someone needs to be fired

I have a tough time giving up anything for a guy like Hammel considering we could have had him on the cheap in the offseason.  The state of this teams' SP is actually pretty decent with Shoemaker showing he is capable of quality innings.  Not sure Hammel would be a big enough upgrade over what we have to justify giving up any sort of depth we have very little of.  

The cubs also wouldn't need a never will be outfielder and a 1 pitch reliever with control issues who's club control is dwindling.  My guess is they would be looking for mid level minor leaguers.  

I would be targeting potential FA or relievers with less than 2 years left on losing teams.  

A few names to consider

Huston Street

Brad Ziegler

Tony Sipp

Daisuke Matsuzaka

Antonio Bastardo

Probably try to draw from 2b depth like one of Yarborough, or Sherman Johnson.  

I have a tough time giving up anything for a guy like Hammel considering we could have had him on the cheap in the offseason.  The state of this teams' SP is actually pretty decent with Shoemaker showing he is capable of quality innings.  Not sure Hammel would be a big enough upgrade over what we have to justify giving up any sort of depth we have very little of.  

The cubs also wouldn't need a never will be outfielder and a 1 pitch reliever with control issues who's club control is dwindling.  My guess is they would be looking for mid level minor leaguers.  

I would be targeting potential FA or relievers with less than 2 years left on losing teams.  

A few names to consider

Huston Street

Brad Ziegler

Tony Sipp

Daisuke Matsuzaka

Antonio Bastardo

Probably try to draw from 2b depth like one of Yarborough, or Sherman Johnson.  

This makes more sense to me.

We need BP arms that can actually pitch.