• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pathetic Road Trip

Chimi

The Angels were looking really good there for a while and then totally sh*t the bed on this road trip.  What is it about the AL West that this team cannot win?  The offense looks dead and the bullpen is well, being what we expected them to be after doing an alright job for a few weeks.  We went from being 1.5 games back to 5.5 in just a week.  In the 10 games, we went a nice 3-7 and got blown out by the Astros twice.

I understand there are ups and downs to every season, but you can't always have your downs against the teams in your division. 

This was absolutely pathetic.

Stop focusing on the division. Focus on the wildcard, that's the realistic goal with this roster

Well, they still have like 60 more games to play against the division, so it's likely they may not end up making the playoffs at all. I don't get it with this team.

This is what I expected from this series.

I think this team was done mentally after the Oakland debacle.

Let's hope they reset on the plane ride home and take 2 of 3 vs chi town.

Then another big series vs Oakland as always.

1 game at a time

This team is bad. They won't make the playoffs for what, the fifth year in a row? Scioscia, Pujols, Hamilton, Kendrick, et al, will be stinking it up for years to come. I just hope Trout can eventually land on a winning team. The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim organization has become the laughing stock of MLB.

This team is bad. They won't make the playoffs for what, the fifth year in a row? Scioscia, Pujols, Hamilton, Kendrick, et al, will be stinking it up for years to come. I just hope Trout can eventually land on a winning team. The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim organization has become the laughing stock of MLB.

you hope trout leaves the angels? What the f?

Pujols

Ibanez

Starting pitching depth

Reasons we'll be very lucky if we sneak in with the 2nd wild card. 

Pujols is simply atrocious...there's no defending the guy

First season with the Angels it was his knee and missing his family, second year he had plantar fasciitis (legit), it should be fairly soon now that the next excuse comes down the pipeline. Expensive excuses to the tune of 240 million over the life of the contract. Ouch!

the road trip was terrible.  On the bright side, I do feel pretty good about some of our bats getting hot and the team getting on another roll here sooner then later.  Trout has not gone off yet this season.  That will come, also the Pujols will eventually start hitting again.  Just gotta keep hoping the rotation stays healthy.  That is what will really **** us.

everything they were doing right early on has gone by the wayside. 

Limiting the big inning.  Good defense.  Good baserunning 

They are on pace for about 85 wins.  They could be five in either direction of that depending on whether they win some close games and their starting pitching holds up.  I have no doubt they are gonna hit the ball over the course of the season. 

They certainly have their warts, but they are things that have the chance to be fixed for the most part.

Over their last 13 starts, the SP has gone 72.2 ip or 5.2ip per start with an era just under 5.  

But here is the thing.  They are 3 games over .500 even after playing poorly as of late.  They have suffered some injuries but guys are just about all healthy, and even with today's debacle, the bullpen is improving. 

But the big thing is that they have been horrible hitting in high leverage.  Historically low.  Not sure why, but it doesn't make sense that will happen all year.  Even if they are about average going forward, they will win more games than they have by playing similarly. 

But the big thing is that they have been horrible hitting in high leverage.  Historically low.  Not sure why, but it doesn't make sense that will happen all year.  Even if they are about average going forward, they will win more games than they have by playing similarly. 

That check-swing strikeout by Trout in the 9th with two on was... not good.