• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels may be in the market for lefty reliever....

DMVol

Who the hell do we trade?  I would rather go with Santiago, LeBlanc, or Sisk.  Hell I would Moronde another shot before we continue to deplete our farm system more.  Unless you can get a solid lefty for an Efren Navarro (a person who really is blocked) or Shuck than I say no.  Why does Leblanc and Santiago need to be stretched out?

I'm wondering if Santiago is refusing to pitch in relief or something, why isn't he in the bullpen?

Rightly or wrongly, I think he is viewed as starting rotation depth.....we've been lucky with no injuries so far, unlike the A's and Rangers....

the angels need a closer or high leverage reliever that can handle the 8th/9th.  the have some internal options that can satisfy the LH one batter role.  If they are going to make use of their depth in trade I would rather it be for the best reliever than can get regardless of handedness.  

The Angels got Cory Rasmus for Scott Downs. And Loek Van Mil for Brian Fuentes. Rasmus was barely a prospect, Van Mil wasn't at all(of course there was the $ component in that Fuentes trade as well).

The Padres just got Troy Patton for whatever is left of Nick Hundley.

The trade return for LOOGYs isn't exactly a king's ransom. I understand the hesitiation to start trading pieces, but if we're talking about a marginal piece like one of those guys for a reliable lefty for the pen, I rather do that than ride the AAAA merry-go-round.

I'm all for giving Brandon Sisk a shot before it comes down to that, but Boshers, LeBlanc, and Richardson are all pretty bad. Maronde is broken. Santiago doesn't quite have a LOOGY profile in his career and considering he's been losing his shit over little things going wrong in the 2nd or 3rd inning of starts, I'm not sure I'm overly eager to see him pitching in high leverage spots in games that matter. 

Edited by jshep

Let's see how LeBlanc or Sisk do in this role before we trade the farm for a situational lefty.

Mkay?

Sisk, yes, LeBlanc, please god no.    He has reverse splits for his career and lefties have a .921 OPS against him.   

Who the hell do we trade?  I would rather go with Santiago, LeBlanc, or Sisk.  Hell I would Moronde another shot before we continue to deplete our farm system more.  Unless you can get a solid lefty for an Efren Navarro (a person who really is blocked) or Shuck than I say no.  Why does Leblanc and Santiago need to be stretched out?

THIS!