• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Kemp

I know this is the angels forum, but I am curious about Matt Kemp. The dodgers are using him as a 4th outfielder which I do not understand. He is coming back from injuries and he has not been terrible this year. How can they justify playing Crawford and Ethier over him when he can potentially be the best player in baseball. I also have him on my fantasy team.

The bad defense argument doesn't work because Ethier is equally as bad in center. It's really hard to blame Mattingly for this situation.

I'm guessing he is trying to platoon everyone but less lefty starters means less starts for Kemp. I'm guessing he'll be traded soon.

I have always felt a lot of criticism on personal decisions come because it hurts their fantasy league.

I know this is the angels forum, but I am curious about Matt Kemp. The dodgers are using him as a 4th outfielder which I do not understand. He is coming back from injuries and he has not been terrible this year. How can they justify playing Crawford and Ethier over him when he can potentially be the best player in baseball. I also have him on my fantasy team.

The Dodgers best defensive CF is the guy in the minors.

Isn't this true for almost all MLB teams, they have lots of good defensive players in the minors who don't hit particularly well at the major league level?

Edited by ScottLux

I had Kemp on my fantasy team but got rid of him when it was announced that Kemp would be starting every single day going forward and that Ethier and Crawford would split days. Then literally within a couple days, Kemp was benched again and nothing changed. I also don't really understand it.

Getting mislead by numbers again I see.

Shane, I don't understand your point. According to those numbers which I would assume are facts he has started roughly 2/3's of their starts. I would also assume that since Kemp is right handed that he is starting against both right handers and left handers. I have no idea how many games the other guys have started but it's probably about the same. The only guy that should be starting more is Puig.

Shane, I don't understand your point. According to those numbers which I would assume are facts he has started roughly 2/3's of their starts. I would also assume that since Kemp is right handed that he is starting against both right handers and left handers. I have no idea how many games the other guys have started but it's probably about the same. The only guy that should be starting more is Puig.

He's missed the last 4 games beause they don't like his defense in CF. They're gonna try him out in left field.