• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Announcers or Sounds of the Game?

A few games back on TV the announcers went quiet for a short time and all you heard was the pop of the mitt and the call of the ump.

It made me think, when you are at the game there isn't some one talking in your ear. Would the game on TV be just as enjoyable without someone talking in your ear?

I remember NBC did a Football game years ago without announcers, but I think Baseball might actually work better.

Would you watch a game without an announcer and just the sounds of the game?

Edited by Slegnaac

Victor and Gubi do that quite a bit, actually.  I think it's just part of their style: they don't feel the need to fill every moment with chatter.  Sometimes it can be a little odd, depending on how long they go without saying anything, though that's probably just a function of how we've been "trained" to listen to and watch games over the years.

Watching on tv, you gotta have announcers. You can be occupied doing something else and have to rely on the play-by-play in the background etc

There are certain moments where they need to just let the moment speak for itself, though. I think Victor and Gubi did a great job of it for Pujols 500th HR. They made the call, then were completely silent for a good 2 or so minutes so the viewers could soak the moment in