• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tyler Skaggs

Taylor

Skaggs got by without his best stuff tonight. Fastball sat 90-92 rather than the 93-95 we saw earlier and they weren't of the 2-seam variety, so I'm not sure what was going on there. I was impressed by his harder and soft curve he used.

Most people haven't realized this because it's early, but the Angels pitching staff looks very good. There is no ace, but there's a lot upside and no real weakness. Weav and Wilson are both showing their true colors as mid rotation starters. Richards is coming into his own and if he shows consistency he'll be among the best in the game. Skaggs is also looking like a solid mid rotation starter, except that he's 22 and making the league minimum and grew up an Angels fan, it's a beautiful thing. The weakest of the bunch is Santiago and the worst you can say about him is that he's a good backend starter. The fact is he's young, left handed, throws hard and is cheap.

The way I see it, we've got a #2, three 3's and a 4. They'll be league average or better. This team's rotation is set up really well and it's all because Dipoto made the tough call and traded the fan favorite local power hitter.

Unacceptable? Do you literally expect a shut out? I'm more impressed with how he reacted after the long ball, which was shut them down completely.

No, but it was one pitch he could have avoided. You have to pitch with weary when men are on base, most of the damage done to him this year have been with the long ball and guys on base. The games where he avoided them (2), he's only given up 2 runs overall; which is amazing. 

Edited by Halos of Anaheim

And tonight he gave up three runs. No pitcher, no matter how great they are, avoids the one bad pitch. If you told me he would be averaging 7 innings a start and occasionally allows a long ball this season I would be ecstatic.

Someone wandered into the gameday thread in the 4th having not seen the first 3 innings like "glad to see he's getting roughed up tonight."   He was perfect through 3, made a dumb pitch, shit happens.  Finished just as strong as he started.  Glad he waited til after the Dbacks gave him back to live up to his potential.  

Tyler did a great job tonight keeping not only the Indians in check but also himself. Very mature for his age on the mound.

This is great to hear.

Such a breath of fresh air compared to all the Blanton, etc threads from the years past.