• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Windows 9 be the New Windows 7?

Redondo

My wife has other teachers over for a group project and one is borrowing her sisters laptop with Windows 8 loaded. It is a navigational pain in the ass since she doesn't have a touch screen to swipe pages on or off. At one point she completely lost her mail account page and I had to navigate the mess back to it.

Yeah, let's just say I really didn't need to know that much of her personal life in one glance.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I know, I know.

Long term though, I think they have serious problems ahead.  A buddy of mine works IT in a medium-sized company.  He said they recently ditched Microsoft Office in favor of a commercial version of OpenOffice and some desktop PC's are being converted to run Linux.  He claims the cost savings are too great to pass up and the current generation of fresh college graduates are not very proficient with Windows anyway. 

I know, I know.

Long term though, I think they have serious problems ahead.  A buddy of mine works IT in a medium-sized company.  He said they recently ditched Microsoft Office in favor of a commercial version of OpenOffice and some desktop PC's are being converted to run Linux.  He claims the cost savings are too great to pass up and the current generation of fresh college graduates are not very proficient with Windows anyway. 

You will never see large companies switch to Open Office and very few medium sized businesses will.  Large companies need the enterprise support that they get from companies like Microsoft.  The OS business is changing, especially with all the mobile devices, so their market share has and will shrink but they wont go away, not for the next 25 years at least.

You will never see large companies switch to Open Office and very few medium sized businesses will.  Large companies need the enterprise support that they get from companies like Microsoft.  The OS business is changing, especially with all the mobile devices, so their market share has and will shrink but they wont go away, not for the next 25 years at least.

They switched to a commercial variant of Open Office with enterprise support that was customized to their needs.  I don't know the specifics. 

I highly doubt that will happen for major companies.  Sounds like they were just cutting costs.  I have used Open Office quite a bit, since it was in its infancy and it does not offer what MS Office does.

As for college kids not being proficient in Windows, that just isn't the case.  It just isn't a big deal anymore and they are also proficient in iOS/Android as well.

I highly doubt that will happen for major companies.  Sounds like they were just cutting costs.  I have used Open Office quite a bit, since it was in its infancy and it does not offer what MS Office does.

As for college kids not being proficient in Windows, that just isn't the case.  It just isn't a big deal anymore and they are also proficient in iOS/Android as well.

Well, his company is Fortune 500 or Fortune 1000 company.  Not tiny by any means. 

He had to teach a short Windows orientation course to some of these young college graduates because all they knew well was OS X, iOS, and Android.