• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cops are great

Adam

9 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/a-death-row-convict’s-final-words-set-two-innocent-men-free/ar-BBElWWl?li=BBnb7Kz

Long story and super angering.  

Ocho, how does this kind of thing happen?  It isn't singular.

Ive had a few beers, so ill have to re-read once im not getting all the names mixed up.

Let me just say though that i cant say good or bad without getting all sides...the reason i hesitate to comment on news stories is because without being involved, i know im only getting a fraction of the info from the news. (Cals and wopphil can relate im sure). So without having access to the police report, with witness statements, i dont like taking a side.

Like i said, ill give the article another look when im not distracted to get a better picture. Ill say this though, gang cases are always like this. Witnesses recant statements (or never give any) because no one wants to be a rat. And a guy going to desth row taking cred for something to get his homies out doesnt suprise me...whether he did or didnt do it. Same as guys taking the fall for another guy from the neighborhood when they are innocent.

Off topic for the article, but its funny reading these guys from OKC saying they are "107 Hoover"...

In the late 80s and early 90s, LA gangs stsrted spreading all over. A lot of it was bullshit, "gangsta" movies and music msde a lot of posers out of state claim LA neighborhoods. 

It also came from LA gangsters heading out of state to tap new dope markets. Some were real, goiing with other gangsters. A lot were nobodies here, who made a new identity in small town america, claiming to be somebody. OKC today is a huge hub for dope trafficking.

Just funny to see these out of towners claiming local gangs (like hoover). Ice Cube had a good song back in the day talking about this (my summer vacation), where he talked about going to st louis to sell dope. "Giving up much love...dying for a street, that they never heard of".

Think about that...dudes getting tattoos and shooting and getting shot...for a neighborhood theyll never see for themselves in person.

Its like people pretending to be irish on st pats, but with funerals.

Cop who shot woman in Minneapolis has a record of complaints.

She apparently made the mistake of leaning into a police car. He was in the passenger seat and shot her through the driver's side window. The driver is a rookie cop and is reportedly stunned by what happened. No body cameras turned on, and the car's dashboard camera did not capture the shooting.

Poor lady called 911 to report an assault happening and got too close to the police car. Cop has a quick trigger finger.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/justine-ruszczyk-case-aussiekiller-cop-had-record-of-complaints/news-story/380b34901edbb7263ac15860bf7ef908

Police chief in Minneapolis is distancing the department from the officer, saying this is not what they are as a department, and the woman should not have died. Sounds like he won't be working there pretty soon. He refuses to talk to investigators.

An unflattering picture emerges from neighbors:

Chris Miller, 49, told News Corp Australia he knew Noor as a nervous individual with a misogynistic attitude.

“He is extremely nervous ... he is a little jumpy ... he doesn’t really respect women, the least thing you say to him can set him off,” he said.

“When they say a policeman shot an Australian lady I thought ‘Uh, oh’ but then when they said who it was I was like, OK.

The neighbour said he had seen Noor yelling at local children in a playground, and that he believed the man had “little respect for blacks and kids”.

“He has an air like you just couldn’t really be around him,” he said.

Ms Harteau (the police chief) was also questioned about her apparent leap to the conclusion that Noor had acted improperly.

Asked if other officers should be concerned the boss might not have their back, she said: “I am basing my thinking and opinion on what I know and the experience I have and how we train.

“I fully realise there’s still an open investigation and there are questions that are unanswered. I answered questions based on what I know.”

I refuse to bring up the other aspect of this story which is being discussed in many places.

I don't want to be accused of a certain kind of phobia, or get the usual fwd:fwd:fwd nonsensical response.

At the same time, I'm not going to play AW detective. I don't have any idea why the shooting really happened. It would be nice if the officer would speak to the investigators.

Edited by fan_since79

36 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

I guess a Muslim black guy doesn't fit the media's idea of a racist cop. 

mohamed-noor.jpg?w=1189&h=2000

This is the problem. We shouldn't be talking about racist cops we should be talking about incompetents and if he's the guy who shot the lady he definitely qualifies there. Gotta quit letting people hijack the narrative

Cops shouldn't be racist/misogynistic/etc. They should be unbiased who only care about enforcing the law; seeing videos (as annoying as some of the douches who try to catch cops being assholes are) where cops don't know the law that they are trying to actually enforce is ridiculous and frankly scary. Then we arm some of these asshats? Yikes! There should be tests/filters that weed these people out of the running to become cops in the first place. And please don't tell me that the current training is satisfactory. There are too many stories in this thread alone that show the true incompetence of some of these idiots.

On 7/26/2017 at 8:18 AM, gotbeer said:

Massive f*ck up. When we serve warrants (which is almlst never done anymore except for homicide suspects), everyone going is briefed and shown pictures of the house from pretty much every angle. 

Its easy to get an address wrong...especially at night (and most homes dont have the numbers visible anymore). But that 'should' be eliminated when you have a team of coppers going to one place.

Especially if theyre on the wrong side of the street. Even and odd numbers are uniformed in cities. North/west (or east) odd, south/east(or west) even. Someone should have caught that before approaching the house

On 7/20/2017 at 11:32 PM, LHalo said:

I guess a Muslim black guy doesn't fit the media's idea of a racist cop. 

mohamed-noor.jpg?w=1189&h=2000

Reference this guy. Again, massive f*ckup. 

Disclaimer. I dont stay too up to date on most of these stories. Its a combo of i wasnt there, and i know i wont get crucial facts from news stories. So if i dont comment on these, its just because i usually cant make an "on the record" opinion without reading the actual report (or knowing out of stste laws).

From what is out there about this one (ignoring what his neighbors have said), it sounds like nothing more than this guy got spooked and shit the bed. 

You add what is being said by neighbors (with a grain of salt), and it sounds like this guy was way too aggressive. And if i heard correctly he and his partner are both boots? So its a brand new guy, over machismo, who got scared.

Theres not really much more to it. Absolute tragedy, but not much more deeper back story.

I assume thats a manslaughter case pending.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...