• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rays trade Alex Torres to the Padres

gurn67

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/22/report-rays-and-padres-agree-to-trade-involving-alex-torres-and-logan-forsythe/

Am I missing something here? Rays trade a young lefty reliever who had a dominant rookie year holding opposing batters to a .468 OPS for a guy who's got mediocre power & speed and is a career .241 hitter???

Furthermore, Forsythe is arbitration eligible in 2015. Torres not until 2017.

I know there's supposed to be other players involved but I would think Torres has a lot more value than this.

it's funny that the Rays always get the benefit of the doubt on any moves they make when on the surface this seems like a win for the Pads.  We just assume that there is more to it or that there is something that the rays know that no other team really does. 

It turns out that the Kazmir trade wasn't really all that lopsided.  We got a useless player for a bunch of guys that have provided fairly limited value. 

Boxberger seems to be the main one with upside.  But his Whip is a little erratic.

But oddly, Hahn seems to be the better value.  Stater, just started in A Ball, but good numbers there.

I don't get this move by the Rays.  Padres seems to have done well on this trade.

Passan is reporting 5 players involved.  So it'll be interesting to see who.  Maybe the Rays don't think Torres can cut it as a starter?  Value of a player really goes down from a starter to a reliever.  

His projected production for the Rays drops if they think he can't be a starter. His value only changes if other teams don't think Torres can cut it as a starter.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/01/rays-to-acquire-logan-forsythe-from-padres.html

Looks like

Logan Forsythe

RHP Matt Andriese

RHP Matt Lollis

RHP Brad Boxberger

for

LHP Alex Torres

RHP Jesse Hahn

Rays also get infielder Maxx Tissenbaum.

I know nothing about him as a player, but I think that's a big swing in the Rays' favor based on his name alone.