• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mark Cuban on Selig

happybat4

And steroids would still be a problem if Congress wouldn't have stepped in. Selig was powerless to get stiff penalties and any kind of real testing because of the MLBPA. Everyone rips Selig for not doing anything but what would you have liked him to do?

I am not a guy who thinks PED's are okay in baseball or should be made legal. I'm not a guy who thinks guys who have been reasonably suspected of PED use be admitted to the Hall of Fame. But I think it's really unfair to criticize Selig as the worst commissioner when he no other professional leagues in North America have near the testing policy MLB does. 

Excellent point. Selig's hands were largely tied because of the CBA.

I think it's possible Selig looked at two options and chose the lesser of two. The options being slowly bring on PED testing, in stages and hope to get players approval over time. Or put his foot down and force real testing down the throats of the players union and risk another work stoppage. Baseball can survive a PED scandal, hell it might have been good for the sport. What it couldn't handle is another work stoppage.

I think it's possible Selig looked at two options and chose the lesser of two. The options being slowly bring on PED testing, in stages and hope to get players approval over time. Or put his foot down and force real testing down the throats of the players union and risk another work stoppage. Baseball can survive a PED scandal, hell it might have been good for the sport. What it couldn't handle is another work stoppage.

I don't think the MLBPA was going to accept any type of PED testing. I think the options were either let it go or fight it and there would have been a work stoppage as you said. I think he made the right choice. I really wish the clean players would have put as much pressure on Fehr as the dirty players did.