• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wedding/Honeymoon Help

Ha. My wife and I have gone to Costa Rica probably 7-8 times and we love Tabacon Hot Springs, so we ended up flying to CR and driving to La Fortuna and staying at Tabacon for 3 nights, then, as a surprise to her, we drove back to San Jose and flew to Mexico and spent 5 night in Playa Del Carmen. 

CR is awesome, but its beaches can't compare to the Yucatan.  That said, Costa Rica is awesome and would also be a great choice.

be careful not to wander away from the main island there. the outlying islands aren't real fond of visitors.

Jurassic-Park.jpg

I like the idea of having guests donate for a honeymoon find, Brandon. We might look into that.

She's been all over Pinterest

I have a friend who is doing our engagement photos for free. He's fantastic

I have a friend who I will see New Years Eve who might be our photographer. I'm planning to get her wasted then having her bring the prices down

I will look into an iPod DJ. I have a friend who might be able to do that, but he's one of my groomsmen so I don't want him working all night.

It will be in the fall which is tricky here because it will most likely rain so I think we need an inside venue. That will probably be the most expensive part.

And one of her bridesmaids will make the cake. She's made hundreds and she's incredible.

Thanks for all the help you guys! We are looking into a lot of these

I like the idea of having guests donate for a honeymoon find, Brandon. We might look into that.

I'll get you more info tonight. The set up sounded great. It acts like a bridal or baby shower registry. The couple puts up where they are going and what they want to do and people can put money into each or any activity. I think it's even tied in with an airline or hotel, so the money goes there direct.

I use Priceline.com for a lot of travel stuff -- specifically, I use the "name your own price" option. 

It's not just hype, if you're willing to do the work and be patient as you bid on stuff, you can get 40-60% off the normal rates for hotels, rental cars, and flights.  I've stayed at the Hilton for as low as $40.  That's not typical but I think you can get 4-star hotels in the $75 range.  But it also depends where you go.

Do it in Dubrovnik, Croatia.

It's amazing there.

This. If you have friends overseas, do it there.

You'll have to allow for a pretty large reception though. Everyone and their mother will turn out to see so-and-so's american friend getting married.

And bring some blow. You'll party into the next morning.

Hookers will be complimentary.

We didn't get married there, but we stayed at a great all-inclusive resort in Tulum south of Cancun, Dreams Tulum. Beachfront hotel, they do weddings, can even get a massage on the beach. A lot to see and do around there, nice beach, relatively quiet without the Spring Break atmosphere of Cancun. Five restaurants with different cuisines, nice comfortable rooms, two great pools within a stone's throw of the ocean, Mayan ruins nearby to explore, iguanas all over the place.

You can do something really nice that you will both always remember, and not dig a financial hole in the process.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

Lady doesn't remember the wedding registry dealio, but says try Google variations because it's a third party website you create a registry for, so it's relatively common.

Good luck.

Also, if you haven't yet, get an American Express or some nice reward card and put all your monthly bills and expenses on it and pay it off monthly. You'll have a grip of flyer miles in no time.

Totally forgot about the honeymoon registry! We did that and made some $$. I checked out our online registry, and it's still open. If you want to check it out:

http://www.honeymoonwishes.com/Wedding-Website-18165-Laina-Voelker-Nicholas-Mancini.html

What we did was select items people can purchase with different denominations. But ultimately the money is stored and you can cash out. It just makes it seem like somebody purchased a "Candlelit dinner" for $50. If you need help, let me know.

with the party all having duck calls as you walk down the aisle

We gave our guests Kazoos! As my wife, dog and I walked back up the aisle as a family, one if my groomsmen played guitar and sang "All You Need is Love" while 150 guests played the horn part on their kazoos.

My Grandfather who was 80 at the time thought it was hilarious. My wife's more conservative grandparents were a little less enthused.

This isn't very fair. If you're gonna tell everyone you're gonna get married to get congratulated and gain all this free wedding advice, we should at least get some hot pics of your fiance before she's off the market. You know, just to get an idea of what would be best for the the both of you on your special day.

I guess if you're in them too that's OK

Lady doesn't remember the wedding registry dealio, but says try Google variations because it's a third party website you create a registry for, so it's relatively common.

Good luck.

Also, if you haven't yet, get an American Express or some nice reward card and put all your monthly bills and expenses on it and pay it off monthly. You'll have a grip of flyer miles in no time.

You're talking about a honeymoon registry (my sister and brother both had weddings recently).

Basically there are 3 registry types: retail (william sonoma, restoration hardware, dollar store, tiffany, etc), honeymoon (pay towards the trip, or some specific part of it, etc) and then cash.

You and your lady should set up a website which will have links for all the info (location, events, registry, guestbook, photos, etc).

Check out this site they seemed to be the place to go for wedding stuff on the interwebs: http://www.weddingwire.com/

This isn't very fair. If you're gonna tell everyone you're gonna get married to get congratulated and gain all this free wedding advice, we should at least get some hot pics of your fiance before she's off the market. You know, just to get an idea of what would be best for the the both of you on your special day.

I guess if you're in them too that's OK

My fiancé is a man. I'll PM you some nudes

• 2 weeks later...