• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Social media Peyt's Mom peeves

Getting to the bottom of the inspirational messages:

So I have a fb friend from HS that I am good friends with.  She posts the stupid inspirational messages.  I asked her:

"Why do women our age constantly post messages about how the past cannot be changed, and one day at a time, and follow your path, etc.

I have literally seen these hundreds of times, and so must the people who posted them. I don't get it, can you help me out?"

She replied:

I would say because women never stop thinking. So they think constantly about their lives and have regrets and want to reinforce to themselves that even though
they have made mistakes, that doesn't make them a bad person and there is still hope for "eternal happiness".

I think that's about as good an answer you are going to get.

Lol.

The Jesus pic is great. I honestly think about going overboard with something like that and just spamming FB with some off the wall belief or crusade that will trip everyone out and then delete me.

We all see the family first type of memes, but can you imagine some dude posting one an hour everyday? Or some vegetarian crusade? Haha

Getting to the bottom of the inspirational messages:

So I have a fb friend from HS that I am good friends with.  She posts the stupid inspirational messages.  I asked her:

"Why do women our age constantly post messages about how the past cannot be changed, and one day at a time, and follow your path, etc.

I have literally seen these hundreds of times, and so must the people who posted them. I don't get it, can you help me out?"

She replied:

I would say because women never stop thinking. So they think constantly about their lives and have regrets and want to reinforce to themselves that even though

they have made mistakes, that doesn't make them a bad person and there is still hope for "eternal happiness".

I think that's about as good an answer you are going to get.

sounds like a lot women her age are trying to find some way to make up for a lot of bad choices or difficult circumstances. they sound constantly unhappy about where they are and want something better. i dunno. i have a friend from high school who likes to post inspirational messages (i'm in my 50s), but her mom posts all kinds of these "can i get an amen" types of messages.

do all of us have at least one friend on FB who posts like 20-30 different things every day?

I have about 3 or 4 who do that. One of them is one of those nuts that "took a year off" because she felt she was spending too much time on FB. As soon as she got back on, she started posting and liking a thousand things. A few days ago, I scrolled down for at least a full two minutes just to get past her crap. A lot of anti-Obama stuff and pro-Trump things. It's really annoying.

I had one guy from high school that would post every once in a while that he was cleaning out his friends list and would get a lot of "keep me" replies.

I replied to him I really didn't give a crap if unfriended me or not.

Funny I've not seen any posts from him recently. :)

A high school friend appears to be fishing for sympathy. First he told a story about his long-time wife leaving him "naked on a gurney in the hospital" while she went home to watch Dancing With the Stars. Then he revealed (privately, thankfully) that he had gotten into a sexual conversation with a mutual friend's 15-year-old daughter, but he has "no idea" how the conversation went in that direction. That situation apparently killed a friendship that had lasted for more than 40 years. The latest is that they "took my knife and my pills away from me" (implying that otherwise he would commit suicide), followed by the post "I hope that the end comes soon."

There may be exceptions, but years in mental health have taught me that usually people who are serious about committing suicide don't openly discuss it, because they don't want to be stopped. Almost everything that this guy has posted for the last year seems to be a veiled attempt to get sympathy from others. He is the male version of Peyts' mom.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

A high school friend appears to be fishing for sympathy. First he told a story about his long-time wife leaving him "naked on a gurney in the hospital" while she went home to watch Dancing With the Stars. Then he revealed (privately, thankfully) that he had gotten into a sexual conversation with a mutual friend's 15-year-old daughter, but he has "no idea" how the conversation went in that direction. That situation apparently killed a friendship that had lasted for more than 40 years. The latest is that they "took my knife and my pills away from me" (implying that otherwise he would commit suicide), followed by the post "I hope that the end comes soon."

There may be exceptions, but years in mental health have taught me that usually people who are serious about committing suicide don't openly discuss it, because they don't want to be stopped. Almost everything that this guy has posted for the last year seems to be a veiled attempt to get sympathy from others. He is the male version of Peyts' mom.

5150 case

I had a customer once that proposed something like this. Said he was dead serious and wrote his governor or some shit haha.

Something like the government pays off everyone's debt and gets a mil or something like that to spend as they'd choose as long as they were a US citizen.

I didn't feel like trolling and asking how it would be funded.