• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Walking Dead

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else thought it was a bit strange and kind of creepy, when Carol was in front of the camera, and how she described her husband? She was describing him as a good man and all that, when we all know he was a wifebeater and possibly child molester.

I wonder if this is the first sign of things to come? That hole complacency thing they kept repeating over and over.

How right now, Glen is still in survival mode, yet the rotc guy had this weird governor/newbury or whatever that town was called feeling. Only the senator seems to see what is really going on. Michone kept talking about going soft. Same with Daryl.

Oh, and I love the scene where Daryl was gutting the possom on the porch, and no one seemed to care. I don't remember who walked over him, but it was like yeah, Daryl being Daryl.

It was pretty apparent Carol was putting on a show, trying to appear like someone who was completely harmless and non threatening. If you watched how she struggled with her gun...oops...I don't even know how to carry this thing.

Interesting twist to the story when you think about it...you always view Rick and co. as the heroes/good guys...and yet you look at them come in to a place like Alexandria and suddenly you can almost picture them as the threat.

I think the angle is that the senator realizes the residents are soft and they need Rick and co. to help harden them up/protect them due to some external threat. They still haven't come back to who trashed Noah's hometown and left all those chopped up half zombies.

My favorite line of the night, maybe the season, was Daryl raising the possum and saying "we brought dinner".

Cez - this isn't high brow tv...it's formulaic and at times poorly executed and full of plot holes so big that you could drive a herd of zombies through it. At times I openly root for the main characters to be killed off so I can be put out of the misery of watching them whine. The second season, and parts of the third...just dragged on and on.

But it's still great tv....there's something to be said for a show where anyone can be killed off at any time.

I loved that when Darryl went in to be interviewed, he was still pacing around holding the dead possum.  I don't remember the girl who cut Ricks hair mentioning a husband.  Then Rick is out on a midnight stroll and runs into a guy on a porch claiming to be her husband.  Then he is shown waking up, as if from a dream.  Did I get that wrong?

It felt high brow for the first season to me, actually. I  just didn't like the direction I saw it going.  

From what I've read, it's become more serial as it's gone on, and that's not automatically bad, IMO.

I watch Supernatural for goodness sake. :)

I'm not sure how one could consider a show about zombies high brow tv!

Good writing and character development are what make something high brow to me.  It's why sometimes I wonder if I should've just kept watching even though I didn't really like where I saw the plot heading.  Sounds like after that, the show changed pretty drastically, which may end up being something I do like.  I'm going to check it out this summer.  

Power through season 2...there's a good reason they fired the show runner. Hell, they did after season 1 as well if I recall correctly.

still thinking about watching this over the summer.

i watched the first season and liked it a lot until the last episode.  i just didn't foresee much that i'd be interested in happening after that.  i've got a lot of time to burn this summer, so i'll probably check it out.  

Ha! Me too. Exactly

Awkward solar warehouse episode. So, no one else watching???

Don't know how to make a post into a spoiler, but SPOILER DO NOT READ BELOW:

Holy shit, Noah had probably the goriest death that I could remember. You felt for Glen for having to witness that.

Edited by Richard

I have a feeling we are going to see a lot more deaths in the last two episodes.  It's like they finally realized, they had 50 million people in their crew now, and they need to cut it down to I'd say half a dozen at most.  

I think the weakest link to this show, is Judith and Carl.  As long as they are around, it's a family show.  If they are ever voted off the island, we get crazy Rick that can cause havoc.

If you have noticed, they keep adding new people...and then knocking them off. I don't see the core group of Rick, Carl, Carol, Darryl, Glen, Michonne, and probably Maggie aren't going anywhere. They have enough "regulars" you can kill them off. (and I do agree...I would love to see Carl get knocked off...but it appears instead he's going to get some action)

Edited by red321

Scarol is awesome.  That was brutal what Glenn had to witness.  I feel bad for Jessie's husband.  Father Gabriel is a huge prick.

Also, why is it that every single person in the entire world doesn't let religious people spewing crazy talk into their homes.  With one exception. 

I was thinking of two twists that would really screw with everyone if it came through in the finale.

1. Everyone is saying that Glen may buy it soon.  What if it was Maggie that bought it?  Then we'd have like a crazy depressed Glen.  Might be more fun than a crazy depressed pregnant (biggest rumor if Glen buys it) Maggie.  And that would officially close the book on the farm.  

2.  Jessie's husband wasn't the abuser.  It was Jessie that was the abuser.  And Rick kills the wrong person.  That would just spin the world in so many directions for Rick.