• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

UCLA Football Thread

nate

1. If Mora was told by Ulbrich he turned the offer down, why would he say Ulbrich might be leaving?

2. UCLA offers a Business Economics major.

3. Why did he go on television and announce that he would sign with us if he knew he hadn't made up his mind?

I think you're being a tad bit disingenuous with assertion #2.  Business Economics is not the same as Business. 

The B.A. program offers a major for students seeking a business orientation in their study of economics. It does not replicate the traditional undergraduate business school curriculum

http://cis.ucla.edu/studyarea/course.asp?id=60

I think you're being a tad bit disingenuous with assertion #2.  Business Economics is not the same as Business. 

The B.A. program offers a major for students seeking a business orientation in their study of economics. It does not replicate the traditional undergraduate business school curriculum

http://cis.ucla.edu/studyarea/course.asp?id=60

I majored in biz econ at UCLA, I don't know what the "traditional" business curriculum is but I know I learned a good amount about business in my time at UCLA.  

I majored in biz econ at UCLA, I don't know what the "traditional" business curriculum is but I know I learned a good amount about business in my time at UCLA.

I'm not even sure what to do with this conment in the context of this discussion.

I will say that I'd love to see your comment become the official description of the major in the UCLA academic catalog, though. It's a pretty solid re-work of the disclaimer that ALB posted. That would be outstanding.

Please make it happen.

I'm not even sure what to do with this conment in the context of this discussion.

I will say that I'd love to see your comment become the official description of the major in the UCLA academic catalog, though. It's a pretty solid re-work of the disclaimer that ALB posted. That would be outstanding.

Please make it happen.

I was hoping to show that the coaches weren't hiding anything from Roquan about the major.  If I was a coach and heard my recruit was interested in business I would think okay, so he will major in biz econ with an accounting minor or something like that.  I guess my previous post wasn't up to your Cal standards  :)

Sounds like Tom Bradley is the pick for DC.  He was the DC at Penn State when the shit hit the fan and took over as interim HC when Paterno was fired.  He is currently the DC/AHC at West Virginia.  Dude has a really impressive resume including two DC of the year awards.

Only strange thing is he is a 4-3 guy and Mora is a 3-4 guy.

Sounds like Tom Bradley is the pick for DC.  He was the DC at Penn State when the shit hit the fan and took over as interim HC when Paterno was fired.  He is currently the DC/AHC at West Virginia.  Dude has a really impressive resume including two DC of the year awards.

Only strange thing is he is a 4-3 guy and Mora is a 3-4 guy.

It's certainly an interesting pick. He certainly has the most proven success of anyone mentioned for the gig. That being said it's really hard to find the DTs out west to run a 4-3 and not a 3-4. The personnel needed is different and the responsibilities of the players in the scheme are different. I'm not sure how that will mesh with Mora and the 3-4 they currently run. Although last year they ran more of a hybrid but the depth on the D-line is an issue now after losing some guys. 

Finally, I'm not sure I'd be too thrilled with anyone from Penn State while Sandusky was on campus. I don't know a ton about that situation but if I were a parent I would be hesitant to trust anyone from there with my kid. I'd be scared they knew something and didn't do enough to protect kids. The number one thing about trusting someone with your kid is trusting they will be safe. Maybe he didn't know but he'd have to prove a lot to me for me to trust him with my kid.

Yeah that is the very obvious concern.  He was with PSU for 30+ years since his playing days and was obviously a Paterno understudy.  UCLA would have vetted him very closely before doing this.  I would imagine that this media leak with his name is part of the vetting process, understanding how the public will react.

• 3 weeks later...

Really could be anything. Do minor infractions involve suspending a coach? is Ucla just being proactive in this situation though and having klemm stay home for a few weeks whIle this blows over? Could be anything from tweeting kids to much. To taking kids out while on a visit. Really could be anything imo.

Any word on what it's for?

Nobody reporting anything.  BRO intimated that they know something about it but they aren't reporting it because of how sensitive it is.  My guess is if it is a fairly serious violation like giving extra benefits to a recruit, he will be fired.

I do think it is probably more serious than a minor offense because they would self report and slap Klemm on the wrist.  Minor violations happen all the time.

Lucien has left the program. Looks like he's going to ASU and we'll try to graduate transfer and play this year. Tough blow for UCLA.

I may be in the minority but I really like that Mora let's his players transfer wherever they want. I think it's a very professional approach and it's good for the kids.

Lucien leaving is so confusing.  Just like the Fitts situation.

He always had trouble becoming a starter until last season when he did really well.  Also, he bled blue and gold.  Dude repped UCLA more than just about anyone else on the team.

Some suggesting that there is a personal/off field issue causing him to transfer.  He is going to be sitting out spring to graduate in order to transfer to ASU.  UCLA is allowing him to transfer to ASU even though it is intra-conference.

You.

Start memorizing the playbook, buddy.

thanks for the vote of confidence. i think i still have a year of eligibility left. 

we're gonna run el camino's offense next year, i can tell you that.

Neuheisel will start camp as the starter but my guess is Rosen will be given every opportunity to win the job.

I think Wouldard and Rosen split time in the opener. after that it's simply who gives ucla the best opportunity to win. mama rosen might blow a gasket though if her son loses the job