• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Some cities just don't care about the Division Series

halobob

Yea, day games are a bitch to sell, even for playoffs. I am off today and tomorrow, if we had any local teams playing within driving distance (no Oakland isn't in driving distance) I would consider going. I saw Albert hit a bomb in SD a few years back in the play offs, picked up the tickets the morning of the game.

GB, I don't think that's right. They played the Yankees and I could have sworn all of the games were sold out. If they weren't then maybe it was just the noise caused by all the thunder sticks. The first home game was a Friday night, I remember because I got there a little later than I would have liked because of a work thing. By the time I sat down we were down 4-0. The next game was a Saturday day game if I recall. I guess it's possible that the first game was on a Thursday.

Should have seen the Angels Division series games in 2002 then.  Plenty of seats available.

I don't recall that.  I sat in the last row of upper deck for clincher (albeit behind home plate) and don't recall empty seats.

Was the first home game 5:00 pm on a friday?  Perhaps people were late arriving.

I don't recall that.  I sat in the last row of upper deck for clincher (albeit behind home plate) and don't recall empty seats.

Was the first home game 5:00 pm on a friday?  Perhaps people were late arriving.

Exactly

I missed two games because of how I handed out playoff tickets to the people that were in our group for the season tickets. I missed the clinching game against the Yankees and the clinching game against the Twins. Those were the last home playoff games I have missed.

Yes game one was a 5pm Friday night start and I was one of the many that arrived late. I left Irvine at 4pm and didn't get into the stadium until bottom of the first or top of the second. That was still my favorite game I have ever went to as it relates to how they just kept coming back. It was when I first felt like we had a chance to do something special.

Dodger playoff tickets start at just above $90 per seat for Sunday. Monday game $50

If we had a game imo they'd start around $60 give or take $10

Secondary market- stub hub

All post season ticket pricing (face value) is controlled by MLB. The larger the market (L.A. vs the OC) the higher the prices. Back in 2009, the cheapest WS ticket was $125.00. BTW, had tickets for 1982, lower view between HP and 1B, price....$20!

Edited by gklingel52

Starting times and last minute scheduling are factors. Another factor is the increased number of teams that make the playoffs. Because the Angels reached the playoffs five times in six years, tickets became more affordable on the secondary market.  Even the 2009 ALCS was pretty affordable. If the Angels miss the playoffs for the next 12 years, 2026 will be a tough ticket, just like 2002.  

Starting times and last minute scheduling are factors. Another factor is the increased number of teams that make the playoffs. Because the Angels reached the playoffs five times in six years, tickets became more affordable on the secondary market.  Even the 2009 ALCS was pretty affordable. If the Angels miss the playoffs for the next 12 years, 2026 will be a tough ticket, just like 2002.  

This is the point I was trying to make. These teams are too used to making the playoffs.

I paid 25 bucks to see Game 1 of the ALDS against Boston in 2009. Do we not care either?

Yes, in 2009 Angels fans in general cared less because we had been there since 2002 except for 1 season.  If the fan base had cared more, ticket prices would've been much higher.  Way to go to the game btw.

I'm here in Atlanta and the attitude surrounding the Braves is pretty passive. Not much discussion, little to no Braves attire, etc. Meanwhile, I travel to St. Louis on business every week and it's a stark difference. Lots of Cards gear all over the city and office, and the guys at the client site talk Cards all day.