• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obamacare/Trumpcare Horror Stories

Not sure if this is true, but our business insurance broker told me that Obamacare is a sham in that there are really no penalties for not buying it. Apparently, you can claim hardship in an open-ended sense. Insurance was too hard to acquire. You can claim this on your tax filings, and they're not even allowed to verify it. Sounds a little Fox Newsy but she's an insurance broad. 

Not sure if this is true, but our business insurance broker told me that Obamacare is a sham in that there are really no penalties for not buying it. Apparently, you can claim hardship in an open-ended sense. Insurance was too hard to acquire. You can claim this on your tax filings, and they're not even allowed to verify it. Sounds a little Fox Newsy but she's an insurance broad. 

I feel like I'm living in the old loan modification days.

Here's a man in Nevada who signed up for Obamacare in November and has been paying his premiums every month since then. His insurance company has now denied coverage for his emergency triple-bypass operation, and he owes $407,000 in medical bills.

The system that was put in here for enrollment has been an unmitigated disaster. Incredibly inefficient, people unable to enroll. Somewhere along the way, someone in that office began giving out my personal office number as the number for people to call to enroll in Medicaid. After I got the second call (the first I thought was probably just a wrong number) and had the guy read back to me the number he was given, I reached somebody in the office. However, I had to go through the Governor's Office to accomplish this, because the automation prevents you from talking to an actual human being.

More than half of uninsured Americans do not know when the deadline is for enrolling in Obamacare, according to a new study.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-03-26/whens-the-obamacare-deadline-good-question

Even though the hard deadline is March 31st and the administration has no authority to extend it, they will allow people to continue to enroll past that date by simply checking a blue box saying they were "in line" before the deadline. The honor system, no verification or anything. This period of time may be for days or even weeks.

Judas H. Priest!  I just went on the covered california/mexico site and hit the "Apply Now" button.  Nothing there. Maybe tomorrow it will be working...?

If you can hang in there health-wise for another seven months or so, open enrollment for 2015 begins on November 15th. 

The whole thing is a stinking mess. Everyone involved with this should resign and they should start over with a real, workable plan.

Push Comes To Shove: Gilead's $1,000 Pill Could Hurt Insurer Earnings

It will be interesting how this plays out.  And will Obamacare insurance pay for it.  

Doing some searching, it's $1000 a day, and their cycle is between 12 weeks and 24 weeks.  So between $84,000 and $168,000.  There is an estimated 3.2 million people that suffer from Hepetitis C. 

Big difference from signups and paid.  I won't have numbers for another month but I would put it at about 60% pay their first month and maybe 45% pay their second month.

In other words, take their number and cut it in half, that is about how many people truly signed up.  Also finding that many of these people had to go through exchanges because small companies are dropping their group coverage and telling people to sign up for exchanges.