• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FIXING THE ANGELS IN A FEW EASY STEPS

a good portion of the team that won 89 games is still around. Vargas is better than three of the starters that year. And Richards is likely as well. The offense can be similar. The pen needs work but the 2012 pen was pretty bad as well.

You are 2 pen arms, re-signing Vargas, and a SP away from being better than that 2012 team.

Isn't scrapping a team after one bad season as reactionary as spending a bunch of money to buy a team?

They weren't a good team last year. They got hot down the stretch because of Trout. Weaver and Wilson will be older and not as effective. Vargas has been decent but was hurt and you don't know what he will command on the free agent market. Players will be a year older like Hamilton and Jose. And I wouldn't just count on them as locks to be 850 ops guys next year. The bullpen is awful there isn't one guy in their that I'd keep for next years team.

I don't want to sound negative nancy but this is not a well put together team. It needs to get younger. Add more athleticism and younger players. This is a 4th place team. And it wasn't just because of bad luck that we are here.

They weren't a good team last year. They got hot down the stretch because of Trout. Weaver and Wilson will be older and not as effective. Vargas has been decent but was hurt and you don't know what he will command on the free agent market. Players will be a year older like Hamilton and Jose. And I wouldn't just count on them as locks to be 850 ops guys next year. The bullpen is awful there isn't one guy in their that I'd keep for next years team.

I don't want to sound negative nancy but this is not a well put together team. It needs to get younger. Add more athleticism and younger players. This is a 4th place team. And it wasn't just because of bad luck that we are here.

we have the 6th youngest roster in the majors. 

we still have Trout

Weaver and Wilson are still good.  Wilson was better this year than last

Vargas has been better than decent.  Yes, signing him to a long term deal is risky. 

Yes, Hamilton will be a year older, but it's hard to imagine he'd be any worse.  It is a concern though

Who is Jose?

The bullpen is awful.  Guys like DDLR, Frieri, and Kohn will look much better at the bottom of the pen than coming in to finish off victories.  Don't forget about Burnett.  On a relative basis, bullpen arms can be had for less cost. 

I am not trying to convince you because you appear to have your mind made up regardless of what may or may not be true, but you are essentially locked into your oldest players while some of the younger ones are actually good or at least capable. 

Also, how do you expect to keep Trout if you put him thru a rebuild?

we have the 6th youngest roster in the majors. 

we still have Trout

Weaver and Wilson are still good.  Wilson was better this year than last

Vargas has been better than decent.  Yes, signing him to a long term deal is risky. 

Yes, Hamilton will be a year older, but it's hard to imagine he'd be any worse.  It is a concern though

Who is Jose?

The bullpen is awful.  Guys like DDLR, Frieri, and Kohn will look much better at the bottom of the pen than coming in to finish off victories.  Don't forget about Burnett.  On a relative basis, bullpen arms can be had for less cost. 

I am not trying to convince you because you appear to have your mind made up regardless of what may or may not be true, but you are essentially locked into your oldest players while some of the younger ones are actually good or at least capable. 

Also, how do you expect to keep Trout if you put him thru a rebuild?

Jose is Albert's real name. Also you keep Trout by giving him a huge contract this off season. I will hold judgement. My downer on this team is that I don't want to see essentially this same team to come back next year. Including Mike and Jerry I would like to just see a new direction taken by the front office. An actual direction.