• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

I want Okafor, badly. His ceiling is somewhere between Al Green and Tim Duncan. Will he be the next Duncan? Doubtful but his potential is there for him to be a key centerpiece for us. I don't think you can pass that up. We are weaker in the front court than we are in the back court.

I would take Wade on a 2-3 year contract. I think Clarkson-Wade-Kobe is an effective perimeter trio. It would also take some of the pressure off of Kobe.

I'd rather keep the pick than trade it along with 1-2 young guys for Cousins.  As to Wade no thanks.  Signing him for 2-3 years isn't going to hamper the team financially but it's also not making them a contender and he's averaged 59 games a year the last 4 years.  they don't need another overpaid vet who is an injury concern on the roster.  

Edited by Catwhoshatinthehat

I want Okafor, badly. His ceiling is somewhere between Al Green and Tim Duncan. Will he be the next Duncan? Doubtful but his potential is there for him to be a key centerpiece for us. I don't think you can pass that up. We are weaker in the front court than we are in the back court.

I would take Wade on a 2-3 year contract. I think Clarkson-Wade-Kobe is an effective perimeter trio. It would also take some of the pressure off of Kobe.

Sign me up for that!

Cousins is only 24 and is one of the best C's in the league.  To his credit he's matured but some of his prior antics still worry me because he's going to be a max deal player barring injury or a major regression.  Any player can get injured after signing a guaranteed contract and there's insurance for that but the ones that are  malcontents worry me because you could be stuck paying someone who isn't a good fit (see Josh Hamilton).  If they somehow come away with Cousins and the #6 pick I'd be much more comfortable seeing the Lakers trade the #2 pick and Randle and/or Clarkson.  If Karl and Sacramento really want to move him then the cost may be worth it.  

Neither can I.  If reports are true it sounds like his tenure in Sacramento has been unraveling for a while now.  That said even if he played his last game there that doesn't mean Sacramento lets him go cheaply.  He's signed for 3 more seasons making an average of 15.8M a year which is a great deal for one of the best C's in the league.  If it sounds too good to be true it usually is I just hope the Lakers don't trade the pick and at least one of Randle and Clarkson (possibly both) for just Cousins.  I think it's fair for Sacramento to want that I just think the Lakers have way too many needs.  They have money and picks and can rebuild other ways. 

The problem with that idea is you can't rely on getting Gasol. What if you draft Russell and Gasol goes elsewhere and you end up without a big man? There is something to be said with the fact that it appears a big man is not necessary to win a championship, but it sure does give you an advantage over other teams if the rest of your team is solid defensively.

I read somewhere that 95% of the rumors leading up to the NBA draft are false. It's just organizations trying to throw each other off.

I had a discussion with another Laker fan at work who said the exact same thing and I agree.  If it isn't organizations spreading rumors then it's the agents.

Also agree that with the draft before FA starts you can't count on signing Gasol or anyone for that matter.  While a big man isn't necessary to win a championship GS has stud guards, a high scoring offense and a strong bench which isn't easy to pull off either.  Having a legit big man is still a great way to build a contender.

Again, Okafor and the other projected top 3 picks will all be 19 when the season starts.  The defense can come later while Okafor develops but his offensive game is considered the best for a C prospect in years so right now you take the good with the bad.  Nobody the Lakers draft is going to turn the franchise around over night.  

If the Lakers pick Okafor at the #2 pick (sounds probable) I would be excited about the Lakers future. I was and still am worried about his defense, but I think I undersold his potential on the offensive side. He has an elite footwork, pretty good size, huge hands, soft touch. Even some of the videos I have seen suggests he could develop a decent jumper which would really open up his game, a game quite similar to Duncan on the offensive side.

Now if he just learns how to defend a pick and roll.....I mean crazier things have happened, right?