• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

That Right There

OregonLAA

Storm, if you think this is the first time he has tried to play the match up game and lost then you would be wrong. He is an old school coach who hasn't adapted. I mean, just look at Morales. He only used him from the left side, but now Morales is in Seattle and doing even better from the right side. There are more examples of that. Like I said, I'm tired of losing. But if you want to defend Scioscia and continue to lose then good for you

This is exactly how I feel, and I'm actually in favor of a new manager NEXT season. All this Arte doesn't care shit or Scioscia is just going through the motions is just plain ridiculous. When you start spouting off that crap you basically lose credibility and can't really be taken seriously.

The challenge with Scioscia is it extremely hard to tell when he is/isn't going through the motions.  His laid back, stoic style can appear to be a cavalier attitude.  Only he would know differently, but appearance and results is all we have to go on.  Short of a few of the energetic youngins, his teams seem to emulate that style. 

Bottom line: the manager is accountable for team performance.  I believe we can all agree that team performance over the last 3yrs or so is WAY below expectations.  Time for a change.  Since we're stuck with Pujols & Hamilton (two of the leading contributors to WAY below), serious change must start with the coaching staff. 

"They just wanted a matchup, I think," said Dominguez, a San Fernando Valley native who left 15 tickets for family. "He hung the slider, and I got it good. Feels good. I guess they had confidence they could get me out more than they did Carlos. That's how baseball is. No hard feelings or anything. I'll just go up and try to do what I can."

I understand that. But Scioscia is in love with rightie-rightie or leftie-leftie match ups. He doesn't look at numbers anymore. Why would you walk a back up catcher who hits worse from the left side who isn't hitting well lately and pitch to the guy who has hit well this series?? All for that match up? Scioscia is terrible. This team will become competitive again when he is gone

When Scioscia goes this team will not be competitive again.  The real problems will still remain until they are dealt with.  The issues are much deeper and more complex than Scioscia and his lineups, matchups, or bullpen management, etc..  The real issues are found within the front office and baseball operations (including scouting and player development) departments.  To continue to focus and harp on in game decisions is the easiest thing to do, it's the most visible, and is always prone to second guessing.