• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Did Porter protest the game?

this is Saturday's game -- I have never seen that before -- where an ump completely butchers a judgment calls (safe/out) that does not involve a technical rule issue/ interpretation and the Umps confer and actually CHANGE the judgment call decision.

I don't have a problem with that and, particularly, where it leads to the right call..........but I've never seen that.

And in some ways, I disagreed with what the umps did (agreeing with Houston manager Porter here) because that's just not done and if it's going to be done there needs to be a proper protocol to ensure consistency --- if we're going to have instant replay on calls like that -- fine -- but that's not what they're talking about and certainly isn't being done now -- If were are going to change the unwritten rules of the game and allow judgment calls (not technical rulebook issues/ calls) to be subject to a conference of umps and possible reversal -- that needs to be fully explained and the circumstances in which that can be done fully clarified.........

In the end  in this case, the right result occurred. Not sure how the umps got there - seemed to be a reversed call influenced by instant replay.

First argument on a judgment call I've seen Scioscia or any manager win........