• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB to expand instant replay in 2014

If the Umpires were held accountable for the problems they create on the field we wouldn't need instant replay.

But, instead of addressing those fundamental issues, they're adding to the problem.

Selig NEEDS to GTFO of the commissioners office. He's embarrassed the honor of and desecrated the good name of the sport enough on his watch.

Not a fan of the challenge system.  Do the teams have someone "in the booth" watching replays and then somehow contacts the Manager on the field to ask for a challenge before the next pitch?

Somebody needs to be watching every play, and then if it's close take another look and get it right.

Take your pick...

Victor / Gubie or Terry / Mark

This monitoring center is going to be in NYC??

Get ready for more East Coast Bias in the challenged calls.

Ehhh, even I'm a believer in East Coast Bias on the field when the game is in the umpires hands, but for some reason having a "monitoring center" in NY doesn't bug me.

I think it'll be more fair and even keeled than the umps are, and it'll deny their lopsided perspective, and reverese their terrible calls. That's all I'm really asking for.

Next up, computerized strike zone!

They should just set up a call arrow similar to college basketball's possession arrow.  That way, you can guarantee that the calls even out. but, the Yankees would never go for that. 

My thoughts were you have a set number of challenges you can do a year.  Say 16.  10% of the games.  You can use your 16 at any time.  If you win your challenge, you keep it.  If you lose, you have it deducted.  Once you are out, no more challenges, for the rest of the year, and playoffs.  This will make challenges valuable, and give everyone an even amount.  And it will prevent abuse of it.

Well, it's not official yet. The owners need to vote on it.

But I don't have a problem with how it is administered, as long as it corrects the call. If done correctly, this could speed up the game since manager/ump arguments are time consuming and the end result is always on the umps side. So it's a 5-10 min delay that has no impact on the play in question. This being said, if a call is under review, the manager can NOT come out and argue the result.

I love this, at least in that it's FINALLY joining the other big boy sports.

Might not be perfect but they can work on how replays happen, I'm just happy it's happening in some form.

The Angels better !*@ make the playoffs next year to see this in action when it counts.  Ok, they BETTER be above .500.

Scioscia will challenge himself being thrown out of a game.

My thoughts were you have a set number of challenges you can do a year.  Say 16.  10% of the games.  You can use your 16 at any time.  If you win your challenge, you keep it.  If you lose, you have it deducted.  Once you are out, no more challenges, for the rest of the year, and playoffs.  This will make challenges valuable, and give everyone an even amount.  And it will prevent abuse of it.

Good idea. I would go a step farther and allow teams to trade their challenges. A team out of the pennant race could trade a few challenges to a contending team in an effort to acquire a better player.