• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia's postgame comments

Torridd

I noticed no one mentioned his postgame comments citing changes he said would be made if things don't improve.

http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=29496599&topic_id=27334974&c_id=ana

Generally, people here are quick to criticize, saying he says the same thing, i.e., stale cliches about tipping caps and coming out of his hand well.

He's a patient sort which is why his players generally like him, but I think many here see that as weakness.

Just wanted to cite the other side that's not mentioned often enough here.

Blame doesn't matter at this point. Any way you look at it this team is facing at least a partial rebuild and an infusion of youth over the next few seasons. Looking long term you have to ask yourself is Scioscia really the one you want overseeing that process? In my book, hell no. Dipoto needs to grow a sack and follow through on creating his vision of how a baseball team is supposed to play this game. A vision I think a majority of this board agrees with.

Arte Moreno needs to be included in that list, for Pujols but especially for two bad GM hires and a bad signing in Hackilton.

Patience is fine, and important. Scioscia takes it faaar beyond where it should be.

c'mon AO. quit blaming arte. we could have a real dickhead as owner that doesn't care and just goes for the bottom line line, profit.

sosh and his band of yes men need to go.

No, Arte deserves a lot of blame. Someone in this org needs to know how to evaluate talent and be able to somewhat accurately project what a player can/will do. There were red flags for both Pujols and Hamilton and Arte deserves criticism for either pushing too hard to get those two, or hiring a gm who's not a good enough talent evaluator to stop those signings from happening.

No, Arte deserves a lot of blame. Someone in this org needs to know how to evaluate talent and be able to somewhat accurately project what a player can/will do. There were red flags for both Pujols and Hamilton and Arte deserves criticism for either pushing too hard to get those two, or hiring a gm who's not a good enough talent evaluator to stop those signings from happening.

in the cases of pujols and especially hammy boy, jmo but it wasn't a talent eval question that would have stopped these signings.

both these guys are turning the turnstiles, and, despite how emotionally involved we all are, this is a business.

another way of looking at those two signings might be if you had a boss with a crazy plan that they insisted on following. even to the detriment ofthe orginaztions reputation.  you tell the boss he's wrong at your own peril. especially if your tenure in the org has been short.

That is a good point, and I guess we don't truly know how Arte reacts when his GM tells him that something isn't a good idea. 

I just hope that Arte is learning that trying to buy a pennant doesn't work often. 

It takes a balance of a solid MLB team, solid GM and manager/coaching work, solid farm to draw resources from when injuries occur, smart/strategic acquisitions, and yes the OCCASIONAL big money/big results type acquisition or off-season (like with the off-season before 2004). 

Not every move works out for any org.   But Arte, as much as he may care about this org and has increased its' value 3/4 fold, has to take some of the blame as well for the seemingly poor GM hires since 2008, letting the foreign presence wane too much until it finally showed signs in the past year, and believing too much in a player who seemed to not care the last week of the 2012 season and may have cost Texas the division as a result.

There's no doubt though that a big part of the 4 years failure can be traced back to far too many acquisitions not working out for what they were supposed to bring to the team.

This coaching also has to accept some of the responsibility.   Something is simply not clicking anymore.

Can I be the only one who doesn't watch videos online?

I click, then get a 10 second commercial, and I am out of there.

Love the reading.

Switch to Mozilla Firefox for your browser, and install the Ad Block extension.

Your internet life will never be the same.

LOL @ Scioscia talking about sloppy defensive play, and PFP, and the shaky pen, and all the things that have been going on all year...in f'n August.
Had to laugh at the shots of the empty outfield pavilions, as he is telling reporters that they might need to "work on some things and get em straightened out."
Thanks for the video and the laugh!