• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/12/24 4:10pm Pacific): Angels @ Red Sox: Detmers on the mound

Any time we beat the Sux is a great day. Interesting tidbit from me…  I was just a teenager in 07 when my father and I drove up to Boston on a cold ass April day. We ended up getting destroyed as we always did during those days in Boston, but I couldn’t have known that I would love that experience all these years later due to the fact that it was at this game that the Pizza Throw happened. My dad still loves the blow sux and we always talk about that trip up there whenever we play one another. Good times. 

57 minutes ago, MichaelTroutFan said:

Any time we beat the Sux is a great day. Interesting tidbit from me…  I was just a teenager in 07 when my father and I drove up to Boston on a cold ass April day. We ended up getting destroyed as we always did during those days in Boston, but I couldn’t have known that I would love that experience all these years later due to the fact that it was at this game that the Pizza Throw happened. My dad still loves the blow sux and we always talk about that trip up there whenever we play one another. Good times. 

Good memories. That’s why going to the ballpark is cool even when the angels suck. Memories made with the ones we love 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I sure hope this is the real Detmers and this isn’t him getting our hopes up. He’s been awesome so far 

I thought his breakout would happen last year, and it didn’t. Maybe it’s now. Dude is gonna be a fringe #1, very good #2 just a matter of when. He has looked great. 

The extra velocity he added to his fastball since he was drafted was the missing piece, he just needed to figure out how to get hitters out in the bigs and it just takes experience. He’d have games prior to this year where he’d use all his bullets and be taxed by the 5th inning, and then he’d have times where he wouldn’t put hitters away. He needed to find that balance and I think he might have figured it out.

3 hours ago, greginpsca said:

Shortest game in Angel's history, July 16, 1962. Was 1 hour 32 minutes. Angels lost 4-1 to the Senators. I was there.

LOL!

I was 59 days old, or 2 months, when you were at that game! 😄

3 hours ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Also great to see only 27000 people attend that game.  Boston fans do a better job of hating their owner than we do. 

True. The Yankees and Red Sox fans are demanding, and they get peeved when they perceive that management or ownership takes their loyalty and hard-earned dollar for granted. They and the Eastern sports media hold feet to the fire for sure. Arte and the ownership of the A's and Padres would be run out of town long before now with a NY or New England fan base.

9 hours ago, The Ghost of Bob Starr said:

Also great to see only 27000 people attend that game.  Boston fans do a better job of hating their owner than we do. 

The weather in Boston yesterday was terrible. I’m guessing that’s why the attendance was lower.

On 4/13/2024 at 11:50 AM, Angel Oracle said:

Detmers/Anderson after 31.1 innings so far:

Sub 0.60 ERA, Sub 0.80 WHIP, 34/9 Ks/BBs

just like roger lodge told us would happen!