• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ippei fired by Dodgers after being accused of theft by Ohtani’s attorney’s

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

I'm sure ToyoTires, Daiso and Guggenheim have got to be thrilled to have their names behind this hostage video

Screenshot 2024-03-25 at 3.48.38 PM.png

"I'm Tony Stark, and for too long, my weapons have been used . . . "

also sorry but no way in hell is the dodgers top brass showing up in front of the full dodgers team and tell them ippie first story without speaking to ohatni and or his pr team first to make sure that is what ohtani wanted the dodgers players to know. by going this i didn't know route that means the dodgers brass took ippie story and then called a team meeting to explain everything without even talking to ohatni and confirming the story lol 

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Lol at Dan O'Dowd on MLB Network going on and on about what a "marvelous" statement this was, how Othani looked "angry," etc.  Not sure what we was watching.

Really was quite hilarious considering his only frame of reference here is the loose translation/cliff notes version the interpreter gave us regarding Ohtani's comments(Unless O'Dowd is fluent in Japanese, which I'll assume isn't the case)

2 minutes ago, cals said:

It's actually hilarious someone in the Dodgers front office couldn't do a google search for a certified Japanese translator in the LA area before the game.

That's Angels level incompetence right there. 

I mentioned yesterday that this guy has been translating for Yamamoto, too.  So someone with the team believes he's good, I guess.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I mentioned yesterday that this guy has been translating for Yamamoto, too.  So someone with the team believes he's good, I guess.

I deal with interpreters every day. That dude is awful.

5 minutes ago, cals said:

It's actually hilarious someone in the Dodgers front office couldn't do a google search for a certified Japanese translator in the LA area before the game.

That's Angels level incompetence right there. 

Ohtani would be talking for about 2 straight minutes and then the translator would have some simple 10 second translation of what Ohtani said before coming to an abrupt stop. Even Ohtani was looking at him confused at times