• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (3/8/24): Rockies @ Angels: Soriano starting

4 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

Can we just let Soriano focus on being a dominant reliever and stop this idea of stretching him out. Made no sense from the start 

Of course it makes sense. Depth in the rotation is important. It’s much easier to call a guy up and have him pitch in the pen than it is to stretch him out to start from the pen. 

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Of course it makes sense. Depth in the rotation is important. It’s much easier to call a guy up and have him pitch in the pen than it is to stretch him out to start from the pen. 

Makes sense to do it with a guy like Wantz sure but Soriano has already had multiple surgeries correct? Why waste those bullets. While Soriano was sporadic at times last year he was a nice guy to have for the late innings because of his stuff. It’s not like we have some deep bullpen of shut down guys so why fk with one of the few guys who have shown the ability to pitch well late in games

3 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

Makes sense to do it with a guy like Wantz sure but Soriano has already had multiple surgeries correct? Why waste those bullets. While Soriano was sporadic at times last year he was a nice guy to have for the late innings because of his stuff. It’s not like we have some deep bullpen of shut down guys so why fk with one of the few guys who have shown the ability to pitch well late in games

It's not like we have any depth in rotation. Easier for someone to pitch once every 5 days then 4 times a week. This is what ST is for give him a chance. ATl is doing same thing with Lopez and Giants with Hicks. 

22 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I'd rather simply add to the depth than risk injury to valuable relievers. 

Why are we doing this instead of signing Clevinger or something? Lorenzen?

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

I'd rather simply add to the depth than risk injury to valuable relievers. 

Why are we doing this instead of signing Clevinger or something? Lorenzen?

I don’t think it is either or, I still expect them to do both. Also, I am in the minority here (although I think IP agrees with me) the injury risk of being on a routine as a starter is less than the volatility of usage in the pen.  So I don’t see it as more injury risk, but I could be wrong.  

Meanwhile, Ward has looked solid, with seemingly no lingering issues from his injury from last year.  It'll be huge for the offense if he can play a full season and get back to something approaching his peak from a couple years ago.