• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels run winning streak to 6 games, beating Dodgers, Shohei Ohtani

THE GAME: The Angels beat the Dodgers, 4-0, on Tuesday night at Camelback Ranch in Glendale, Ariz., winning their sixth consecutive Cactus League game.

PITCHING REPORT: Right-hander Chase Silseth did not allow a run in 2⅓ innings. He had been scheduled for three innings, but his pitch count got too high after 26 pitches in the first. Silseth struck out Shohei Ohtani on a 96 mph fastball after falling behind in the count, 3-and-1. “It was fun,” Silseth said. “I got behind him. So I was like, Oh, no. … If I didn’t hit my spots when I needed to, and during that at-bat, it could have been a lot different.” The discouraging part of Silseth’s outing was that his fastball velocity dipped from 97 mph in the first to 93 mph in the third. “That’s a little frustrating,” he said. “I put a lot of work into that stuff. You can’t get down on yourself. You’ve got to keep working and finding it.” … Left-hander Tyler Thomas followed Silseth to the mound, entering just as Ohtani was coming to the plate again in the third inning. Thomas struck him out looking at a 94 mph fastball. The Angels acquired Thomas from the Atlanta Braves as part of the David Fletcher-Max Stassi trade. … Right-hander Ben Joyce pitched a perfect inning. … Right-hander Guillo Zuñiga worked a scoreless inning, including getting Ohtani on a flyout. Zuñiga has not allowed a run in four innings this spring, with six strikeouts and no walks. … Right-hander Victor Mederos worked three scoreless innings. He hasn’t allowed a run in six innings this spring, with nine strikeouts and two walks.

HITTING REPORT: Mike Trout singled and walked. He also stole his first base of the spring. Trout is 3 for 18 with eight strikeouts and one walk this spring. “It’s slowly getting there,” Trout said. “Today’s the best I’ve felt in a while. Just seeing the ball and being myself up there. When I’m recognizing pitches early, I think that’s when I know I’m getting close. When I can recognize my zone, the hits and stuff and production will come.” … Nolan Schanuel tripled, driving in two runs. … Miguel Sanó drove in a run with a single. Sanó, who is trying to make the team as a non-roster invite, is 2 for 17 this spring. … Jo Adell drove in a run with a double.

DEFENSE REPORT: Silseth bounced a pickoff throw to first base and the ball got past Schanuel, allowing Mookie Betts to advance to second. … Shortstop Zach Neto made a leaping catch of a line drive to end the second inning.

UP NEXT: Angels (LHP Patrick Sandoval) vs. A’s (RHP Joe Boyle) at Tempe Diablo Stadium, Wednesday, 12:10 p.m. PT, Bally Sports West, 830 AM; Angels (LHP Reid Detmers) at Cubs (LHP Justin Steele) at Sloane Park, Mesa, Wednesday: 12:05 p.m. PT. No TV or radio.

View the full article

"The discouraging part of Silseth’s outing was that his fastball velocity dipped from 97 mph in the first to 93 mph in the third. “That’s a little frustrating,” he said. “I put a lot of work into that stuff. You can’t get down on yourself. You’ve got to keep working and finding it.

Really hope he can find a way to get over this trend. 

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

"The discouraging part of Silseth’s outing was that his fastball velocity dipped from 97 mph in the first to 93 mph in the third. “That’s a little frustrating,” he said. “I put a lot of work into that stuff. You can’t get down on yourself. You’ve got to keep working and finding it.

Really hope he can find a way to get over this trend. 

Honesty, I think if he can harness is command and control he still has the upside of a solid #3. His Split is plus, and his slider at times flashes plus at-times. I still think that SHoemaker is a solid comp for him.