• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (3/1/24): Angels @ Padres: Detmers makes his spring debut

Boy the Angels have looked really sloppy the entire game.

Bad pitching, walks, errors, unearned runs, poor situational hitting, etc…

And it’s only the 4th inning.  I guess the bright side is there is plenty of time to right the ship

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Ok, I've seen enough of Dozier at 1B to know that he should never play there again.  Now he just completely zoned out and wasn't anywhere near the base on a grounder to SS.  Bizarre.

Youre right Jason.  He just fell asleep again and let a runner score on a ground out from second base.

What the hell?

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Ok, I've seen enough of Dozier at 1B to know that he should never play there again.  Now he just completely zoned out and wasn't anywhere near the base on a grounder to SS.  Bizarre.

I don't think I've ever watched a 1B watch a ball go by him like that, it was absolutely hilarious.  He must have had a brain fart and thought he was playing second or suffered a stroke.  That shit was comedy gold, as was the look on Kyren Paris's face after the fact..  Dude had WTF just happened written all over his face.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I have the feeling that Ben Joyce is maybe gonna be the most frustrating Angels pitcher ever...

I think part of why they signed so many RPs was to give him more time in the minors.  There was a lot of smoke and mirrors to his game last year -- yes he throws hard, everyone does these days.

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

I think part of why they signed so many RPs was to give him more time in the minors.  There was a lot of smoke and mirrors to his game last year -- yes he throws hard, everyone does these days.

Yep, that's been my refrain for a while.  It's not even that special or impressive to see 99, 100, + MPH.  Every team has at least a handful of guys who do it.  He's max effort, too, so I'm just waiting for him to blow out his arm again.

Sano has the range of a freaking Sea Lion at 3rd.

He let O’hoppe catch a foul ball that should have easily have been the third baseman’s play, then just watched a hard hit grounder go by him down the line with no effort at all.

And the Hunter Dozier bad game stuff continues as Kyren Paris just bailed his ass out on a dropped pop foul.

Yikes

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

And now Sano with an absolute blast into LF!  Sano doing Sano things so far this spring: Ks, walks, bad defense, and tape-measure blasts.

Yep, he's Sano'd about as hard as one can possibly Sano.  

One of the funniest scouting reports I've ever seen came at Sano's "expense", the scout watching him play made a comment along the lines of, bad hands but does a good job of bouncing the ball off his body and keeping it in front of him.  Dude wasn't even being sarcastic, it was his legit opinion of his defense.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

And now Sano with an absolute blast into LF!  Sano doing Sano things so far this spring: Ks, walks, bad defense, and tape-measure blasts.

even 2021 Sano would be useful

27 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I don't think I've ever watched a 1B watch a ball go by him like that, it was absolutely hilarious.

I think you missed the human road cone, Adam Dunn, playing 1st base for the Nationals. He was a DH playing in the wrong league.

10 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I saw Sano hit a home run off Matt Harvey in 2019 at Angels Stadium that probably caused $10,000 damage to the stucco at the Jersey Mike’s stand in Left Field.

It must have sounded like the building was hit by a Scud Missle for the employees.  It sure looked like one.

Edited by PattyD22