• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

My rose colored glasses say:

42 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I wonder who will have negative WAR offensively as an Angel this year?  Outfielders? Probably none of them if Hicks and Moniak platoon.  Of the infielders maybe Thaiss, who I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s replaced by Gary Sanchez since he could DH. Paris if he’s up here?  I believe Stefanic will be decent offensively.  

Or not:

On 2/3/2024 at 4:37 PM, johndw52 said:

Contracts for...

Lorenzen and Bellinger would put us into wild card contention.  If our bullpen lives up to expectations I think its possible.  Of course if  injury demons continues to haunt us, all bets are off.  

image.png.82eeadab12157a2a50bb075693167196.png

If Lorenzen was signed would you then stash Silseth in SLC? Or move TA to long relief? 

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

How bout the most recent example of the Rangers, 68 win team, added a few wins in free agency, got a healthy year on the offensive side, won 90 games and the World Series. 

The Rangers got a shit ton of value from their farm system in 2023. And that which wasn't particularly valuable due to games played, proved to be incredibly value in the playoffs. 

Hard to picture the Angels replicating that. Maybe if Trout and Rendon play 300 games combined and played like it's their prime, then all of O'Hoppe, Neto and Schanuel played a full season and produced, then Silseth came in and was awesome and everyone in the rotation had a bounce back season and everyone in the bullpen was great and then got Bachman and Joyce to stabilize the middle innings....

Then sure..

6 minutes ago, Second Base said:

The Rangers got a shit ton of value from their farm system in 2023. And that which wasn't particularly valuable due to games played, proved to be incredibly value in the playoffs. 

Hard to picture the Angels replicating that. Maybe if Trout and Rendon play 300 games combined and played like it's their prime, then all of O'Hoppe, Neto and Schanuel played a full season and produced, then Silseth came in and was awesome and everyone in the rotation had a bounce back season and everyone in the bullpen was great and then got Bachman and Joyce to stabilize the middle innings....

Then sure..

Or they just play good healthy baseball. 

On 2/4/2024 at 2:40 PM, Stradling said:

How bout the most recent example of the Rangers, 68 win team, added a few wins in free agency, got a healthy year on the offensive side, won 90 games and the World Series. 

link?

On 2/4/2024 at 7:46 PM, Stradling said:

Or they just play good healthy baseball. 

While remembering fundamentals and being disciplined. A healthy starting lineup, of course, is very important. But we also need guys in that starting lineup to play smart, fundamental, and disciplined ball as well. It absolutely will hinge on how the young players end up doing and progressing, too.