• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Minor League Stats, Scouting, Updates, and Reports Thread

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, totdprods said:

I’m more excited and confident in what these guys are doing, and believe at least one or two of them will start positively impacting the team sooner rather than later:

• Iván Armstrong: 1.45 ERA, 18.2 IP, 11 hits, 1 HR, 3 BB, 24 K
  • Hayden Seig: 1.59 ERA, 17 IP, 10 hits, 6 BB, 17 K
  • Michael Darrell-Hicks: 0.00 ERA, 16.1 IP, 8 hits, 2 BB, 17 K
  • Mason Erla: 0.00 ERA, 12.1 IP, 10 hits, 3 BB, 9 K
  • Nick Jones: 3.86 ERA, 11.2 IP, 13 hits, 1 BB, 14 K
  • Luke Murphy: 5.73 ERA, 11 IP, 13 hits, 3 HR, 1 BB, 14 K
  • Alan Rangel: 2.61 ERA, 20.2 IP, 15 hits, 2 HR, 5 BB, 25 K
  • Eric Torres: 2.61 ERA, 10.1 IP, 6 hits, 6 BB, 17 K
  • Tyler Thomas: 1.96 ERA, 18.1 IP, 14 hits, 14 BB, 23 K
  • Hans Crouse: 4.38 ERA, 12.1 IP, 11 hits, 3 HR, 5 BB, 18 K
  • Brett Kerry: 2.56 ERA, 31.2 ERA, 22 hits, 3 HR, 5 BB, 36 K
  • Kenny Rosenberg: 2.72 ERA, 49.2 IP, 41 hits, 5 HR, 17 BB, 48 K

And that’s still not taking into account guys like Kochanowicz, Daniel, Mederos…

If there’s one part of the farm I have some hope in, it’s the AA team starting to round out the bullpen with some legit MLB-caliber depth and it has looked to be on track this year.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

And the pen will need almost total reworking in the off-season from where it is now.

Gotta ship out the rental relievers and clear opportunities for the young guys.

You might sacrifice a little bit of value in the individual deals, but my strategy would be to move guys out quickly.

So move the guys out now/this month who are performing good.

Then try and get the underperforming guys going and ship them out around the deadline.

Ultimately, the August bullpen should be filled with young guys.

Edited by BTH

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, BTH said:

Gotta ship out the rental relievers and clear opportunities for the young guys.

You might sacrifice a little bit of value in the individual deals, but my strategy would be to move guys out quickly.

So move the guys out now/this month who are performing good.

Then try and get the underperforming guys going and ship them out around the deadline.

Ultimately, the August bullpen should be filled with young guys.

I think that was by design…that’s why Perry loaded up the pen on one-year deals. The AA crop wasn’t going to be ready to start the year but we should see these names start replacing virtually any reliever as soon as they get DFA’ed or dealt. We’re not getting much for these expiring contracts but perhaps we can at least replenish what we spent last year.

Perry’s best bet at keeping his job beyond this year is going to be dependent on how well he sells and how he drafts/develops these kids the next few months. If he can’t convince Arte he can oversee a new beginning then it’s curtains.

Edited by totdprods

Posted (edited)

Is anyone watching the Rocket City game?  From the MILB.com Gameday, looks like Dana had a messy night.  Got pulled after 3 2/3.  Gave up 4 hits, 3 ER, 3 BB, hit a guy, and had 2 wild pitches. 

Edited by jsnpritchett

32 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Who had a messy night?

13 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Caden Dana

Yep, sorry about that!  Posted quickly.  But it looked like from the box score that Dana had some issues.  Was just curious if anyone watched any of it.

10 hours ago, rafibomb said:

Rada returned to the lineup and reached base 3 times (1 hit and 2 walks) with 3 stolen bases.

Hitting .301/.374/.329/.702 in his last 28 days, around 90 PA. 8 BB to 20 K, 11 for 13 in SB attempts in that time. Very impressive IMO. The OPS is going to be a little underwhelming because he shouldn’t be expected to hit for any sort of power yet, and 20 strikeouts isn’t great, but the walks and contact tell me he’s doing a fine job of learning the zone, which should be the primary objective right now. If he can secure a plus-plus contact/walk skill set, he’ll at worst be a good 4th OF/Ben Revere-type. If he can get to a point where he’s a doubles machine - and with his speed that should be doable - with above-average walks, he could be a Steven Kwan-type. 

Either way it’s impressive for his age at that level.

7 hours ago, DMVol said:

I don't follow the farm as closely as most of you but does this guy have a chance as a back end of the rotation type of starter?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/angels-news-la-prospect-becomes-an-unexpected-ace-in-the-pacific-coast-league/ar-BB1msjSq

Brett Kerry?  I mostly project him as a bullpen arm, but he's been surprisingly good since the day he was drafted. So you never know. 

Costeiu slowly makign his return from Tj, went 2.2 innings 3k and was on a pitch count. 

Fastball up to 95 , Slider looked really good didn't see much of his other pitches. He is another arm to keep an eye on in the minors. 

Pre-surgery

His fastball ranged 92-95, where it was today. His change was the outpitch, it'll be interesting to see how his off-speed develop this year. 

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Costeiu slowly makign his return from Tj, went 2.2 innings 3k and was on a pitch count. 

Fastball up to 95 , Slider looked really good didn't see much of his other pitches. He is another arm to keep an eye on in the minors. 

Pre-surgery

His fastball ranged 92-95, where it was today. His change was the outpitch, it'll be interesting to see how his off-speed develop this year. 

Nice. He needs to show something the rest of this year. He's Rule 5 eligible after this season. 

4 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Ben Joyce came in tonight with 2 outs in the 4th inning and 2 guys on base.  Threw 4 pitches, got the out, and then didn't come back out for the 5th.  Odd usage. 

maybe they wanted to have him get used to coming in during the middle of an inning and not a fresh one?

Is odd though.

On 5/17/2024 at 5:34 PM, jsnpritchett said:

Ben Joyce came in tonight with 2 outs in the 4th inning and 2 guys on base.  Threw 4 pitches, got the out, and then didn't come back out for the 5th.  Odd usage. 

He pitched again tonight, so maybe the plan was getting him used to prepping for back-to-back appearances while limiting the amount of innings/pitches he had to throw.

Posted (edited)

Mederos threw 5 shutout innings today.  Only gave up 3 hits and 2 BB.  K'ed 3.  Since I called out Kochanowicz and him a couple weeks ago, they've both been a lot better.  Maybe I should try that next with the hitters across the entire Angels minor league system...

Edited by jsnpritchett