• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I believe there were directives to you Taylor about your default mode?

The directives were about bringing up politics for no reason. I was making an on-topic joke based directly on your post.

I think he'd have been signed by now if it were only dealing with backlash from the past.  

It's what he's going to say going forward about what happened.  Teams would likely want him to maintain a certain narrative.  

Even if it's 'that's all in the past.  I just want to move forward and help the (insert team name here) win a championship'.  

Right or wrong, team don't want him to talk about what happened and whether it was fair or unfair or legal or illegal or appropriate or inappropriate.  

Bauer would likely never sign anything that forces him to keep his mouth shut and another team can't just trust that he wouldn't without some sort of written document.  Or even with one.  

No one wants to be his soapbox.  

And let's call a spade a spade.  Regardless of his past or future, most of the baseball world just doesn't like him.  

5 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

I think he'd have been signed by now if it were only dealing with backlash from the past.  

It's what he's going to say going forward about what happened.  Teams would likely want him to maintain a certain narrative.  

Even if it's 'that's all in the past.  I just want to move forward and help the (insert team name here) win a championship'.  

Right or wrong, team don't want him to talk about what happened and whether it was fair or unfair or legal or illegal or appropriate or inappropriate.  

Bauer would likely never sign anything that forces him to keep his mouth shut and another team can't just trust that he wouldn't without some sort of written document.  Or even with one.  

No one wants to be his soapbox.  

And let's call a spade a spade.  Regardless of his past or future, most of the baseball world just doesn't like him.  

Oh so the guy gets wronged, and then because a team won’t be able to force him to keep his mouth shut about him being treated poorly they’ll just force him out of the game.  Seems pretty shitty.

And let’s call a spade a spade,   most people are fucking idiots and spineless cowards who are willing to go along with a shitty situation just so as not to be inconvenienced or be made to feel “on the outside.”  Ya, it might take a bit of balls for a team to sign Bauer and then get up in front of a bunch of people and say, if you don’t like this then fuck you.  Because Bauer did nothing wrong and your opinions of him aren’t based on illegal acts, you just don’t like his personality and that’s not a reason to not sign a talented pitcher that can help a team. Will that happen?  Probably not. Should it?  Absolutely.  

6 hours ago, full circle said:

Oh so the guy gets wronged, and then because a team won’t be able to force him to keep his mouth shut about him being treated poorly they’ll just force him out of the game.  Seems pretty shitty.

And let’s call a spade a spade,   most people are fucking idiots and spineless cowards who are willing to go along with a shitty situation just so as not to be inconvenienced or be made to feel “on the outside.”  Ya, it might take a bit of balls for a team to sign Bauer and then get up in front of a bunch of people and say, if you don’t like this then fuck you.  Because Bauer did nothing wrong and your opinions of him aren’t based on illegal acts, you just don’t like his personality and that’s not a reason to not sign a talented pitcher that can help a team. Will that happen?  Probably not. Should it?  Absolutely.  

Great summary of exactly what is happening.

I yearn for the days where defiance to the status quo was admirable and welcomed. Seems these days "fall in line and shut up or we'll destroy your life" has become the norm and TBH I'm fed up with it.

45 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

I yearn for the days where defiance to the status quo was admirable and welcomed. Seems these days "fall in line and shut up or we'll destroy your life" has become the norm and TBH I'm fed up with it.

We need more Dana Whites.

1 hour ago, CaliAngel said:

You mean, like the #metoo movement? That's exactly what it was about.

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

You mean, like the #metoo movement? That's exactly what it was about.

OMG you can’t help yourself.  Dude, literally nobody on earth ever had any problem with anyone legitimately coming forward to talk about their honest history especially in the context of sticking up for individual rights and making progress as a society.

But with that comes a responsibility for everyone to watch out for opportunists that would hijack it dishonestly and for their own fraudulent agendas.

People with a stitch of common sense will instant reject “believe all women” and will EQUALLY stick up for victims of liars and extortionists.

#metoobutwithabrain

Edited by Dtwncbad

6 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

OMG you can’t help yourself.  Dude, literally nobody on earth ever had any problem with anyone legitimately coming forward to talk about their honest history especially in the context of sticking up for individual rights and making progress as a society.

But with that comes a responsibility for everyone to watch out for opportunists that would hijack it dishonestly and for their own fraudulent agendas.

People with a stitch of common sense will instant reject “believe all women” and will EQUALLY stick up for victims of liars and extortionists.

#metoobutwithabrain

You're proving my point and disproving yours all in the same post. Well done.

8 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

Once again, this is on topic. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's trolling or off topic.

You talked about how you miss the days when the status quo being disrupted was honorable. Stuff like this still happens, in small ways and in big ways, but you don't always like these changes so you disregard them.

2 minutes ago, Chuck said:

It's nice to see women posting stuff like this in his defense. 

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 11.30.58 AM.png

There is some truth to this. Like doc pointed out, though, all teams seem to have a consensus that Bauer isn't worth the risk. And it's such a crazy unusual situation that it's not entirely representative of the overall movement to shed light on the reality of sexual assault.

In fact, next time a woman legitimately accuses a professional sports player of sexual assault, a bunch of people will look to this situation and assume she's crazy and lying. 

5 minutes ago, Taylor said:

n fact, next time a woman legitimately accuses a professional sports player of sexual assault, a bunch of people will look to this situation and assume she's crazy and lying. 

No Taylor.  Only stupid people will assume that.  And only stupid people will automatically take every accusation as truthful.

People with brains will be acutely interested in finding the actual truth in every individual case, wherever that leads them, including ultimately considering the accused as the victim.

Edited by Dtwncbad

22 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

No Taylor.  Only stupid people will assume that.  And only stupid people will automatically take every accusation as truthful.

People with brains will be acutely interested in finding the actual truth in every individual case, wherever that leads them, including ultimately considering the accused as the victim.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF