• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

3 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Exactamente, and I woulda hated it unless the Halos and Burnes worked out a Gerrit Cole-esque deal, and even then, ugh. But it could've been early enough in the offseason to move to an alternative for 1B or SS.

They couldn't make a move like that after shipping Bush and Quero to the White Sox for Giolito. I wonder if that would've been enough in the offseason to get Burnes.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

So I talk to someone (Chuck knows him) who over the years has built a relationship with Taylor Ward’s dad. I guess in college Ward got hit in the face with a pitch in an off season work out. They don’t seem too concerned about his ability to recover nor the mental aspect of it. 

I can't think of a MLB player who got hit in the head and never mentally recovered. I can think of some pitchers who got the yips. 

2 hours ago, Chuck said:

Yeah I've had the same concerns with Ward. Time will tell, but can we fully count on him going into this season? 

I don't see what choice we have but to stick with him and hope for the best.

55 minutes ago, Jay said:

I don't see what choice we have but to stick with him and hope for the best.

Yeah no one is going to trade for him right now. I hope he can at least be serviceable.

But this is why I think they really are all-in on Bellinger. 

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

I can't think of a MLB player who got hit in the head and never mentally recovered. I can think of some pitchers who got the yips. 

Dickie Thon maybe?  His career was never the same after the beaning but it may have been vision issues like Tony Conigliaro before him.

Thon, Tony C, Ward...  All with Angels ties.

5 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Tony Conigliaro.  Bad beaning, directly in the eye.  Retired from the Angels in '71, I think, after an 0-5 or 0-6 all K game against the A's, IIRC. 

7 hours ago, Hubs said:

They couldn't make a move like that after shipping Bush and Quero to the White Sox for Giolito. I wonder if that would've been enough in the offseason to get Burnes.

Can't really blame Perry on that one. It's pretty well established that Arte was the one insisting we push all the chips in.