• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

Honesty I feel like this free agency we got to get at least 1 big signee to set us up for next season. For me it Snell, he a front of the rotation arm that we badly need and potentially set us up nicely next year to grab another front of the rotation arm. Now the downside is that is market seems to be dead/limited and he is a Boras guy. So, it may drag on, but I would be surprise if he get 30mil a year, I think he be mostly looking around 25 to 27 mil per year I.e similar to the Rodon contract. 

After that take a shot on Woodruff 2 years 30 mil contract.

Fix up the BP, sign Moore and Robertson (16 to 18 mil combined)

Having an interest in Hernandez points to just filling in roster with cheap players. Kike gives you INF depth so that would take care of INF. Signing a Lorenzen type fills out rotation and maybe 1 or 2 cheap RP. Another OF maybe so far looks like this is off season of not spending. I could be wrong but what has happened so far it's trending in that direction. 

13 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Having an interest in Hernandez points to just filling in roster with cheap players. Kike gives you INF depth so that would take care of INF. Signing a Lorenzen type fills out rotation and maybe 1 or 2 cheap RP. Another OF maybe so far looks like this is off season of not spending. I could be wrong but what has happened so far it's trending in that direction. 

Or it doesn’t. 

3 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

20.8 percent of his AB’s in 2023.  That is better than 1 in 5.  He would eliminate the need for a 5th OF, assuming Marisnick makes the team as a 4th OF.

I think you are missing someone. 

Trout

Ward

Moniak

Adell

Minor League Depth:

Marisnek

Calhoun

Cabbage

I expect Cabbage to be DFA’d if they sign an outfielder. 

29 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I think you are missing someone. 

Trout

Ward

Moniak

Adell

Minor League Depth:

Marisnek

Calhoun

Cabbage

I expect Cabbage to be DFA’d if they sign an outfielder. 

I would not be shocked if they kept Cabbage and dropped Calhoun.  Calhoun is amazingly bad defensively.

Bottom 5 defensive player I've seen in my life.

On 1/13/2024 at 10:29 AM, Stradling said:

Tell Boras you have $325 million to spread over Montgomery and Bellinger over the next 7 years.  Figure out how you want them to divvy up the money.  Then trade Ward to get the prospect capital you lose for signing Bellinger. 

you're crazy.

crazy like a fox.

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I would not be shocked if they kept Cabbage and dropped Calhoun.  Calhoun is amazingly bad defensively.

Bottom 5 defensive player I've seen in my life.

I don’t think Calhoun is on the 40. I believe Cabbage is on the 40.  

Every time I visit AW hoping to see some good news, the first image I see is this.  It is starting to almost be a punishing meme, a repetitive moment where I am reminded of my own mood and frustration with nothing happening of significance to improve the team.

IMG_7765.jpeg

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

Bullshit -- the dude makes Adell look like a GG OFer.   At least Adell has range for days.  Calhoun is one of those guys where his lack of range and bad first steps save him from looking even worse.  He just waits for the ball to hit the ground then runs to it.

That is truly terrifying. I’d DFA him now. 

12 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

That is truly terrifying. I’d DFA him now. 

Actually, I hope he gets to play in the OF in ST so people see him.  Normally you expect guys his size to be all quick and race all over but he's like slow and for as fast as his hands are, his reaction times in the OF are hilarious.

Say what you will about the dude, he knew his defense wasn't going to get him to MLB -- he's the guy that was asked what position he'd play and he said "3 hole".   

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Actually, I hope he gets to play in the OF in ST so people see him.  Normally you expect guys his size to be all quick and race all over but he's like slow and for as fast as his hands are, his reaction times in the OF are hilarious.

Say what you will about the dude, he knew his defense wasn't going to get him to MLB -- he's the guy that was asked what position he'd play and he said "3 hole".   

So DH candidate? 

17 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Every time I visit AW hoping to see some good news, the first image I see is this.  It is starting to almost be a punishing meme, a repetitive moment where I am reminded of my own mood and frustration with nothing happening of significance to improve the team.

IMG_7765.jpeg

Here's the problem I have.  I don't know this for sure, but my sense is that they've been on rodeo drive looking for discounts but grabbing the old couch off the sidewalk in the interim.  I'm all for trying to get a deal but there have been some retail options they've missed on that could have helped.